Post Buxton Meet -Pictures & Banter thread

NewNiceMrMe

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we (Sparkly & I) got back about 5pm after a minor detour (missed the M60 turnoff hehe).

Nice to put faces to names for those I hadn't met.

Congrats to Lottie for organising, for AvantB130 for suggesting the location. Very nice pub, good food too, although I didn't sample the puddings smile.gif

Some thoughts from the day:

Mrme - 645 looks awesome in the flesh, sounds great too, and watching the roof raise and lower is an art form.

JimDiesel - nice Z4, although I didn't see you unfold out of it smile.gif

Daz - RS4 sounds great, oh and wheres my sticker wink.gif

Chris B - Nice S8, fantastic colour, almost like a metallic version of Dolphin Grey, Garcon told me the colour but I forgot tongue.gif

Got a chance to have a quick chat to all of you and the one thing that stands out more than anything is that everyones so friendly, laid back and down to earth 169144-ok.gif

Yep I'm back. Was a cracking day.

Plenty turned up and there were some cracking cars. grin.gif

Thanks for organising it all Lottie. 169144-ok.gif The drive over to the Cat and Fiddle was erm spirited to say the least. ECLIPSe.gif A 645 BMW, RS4, two A8's and Jon in his Sport Megane with me in the middle in a 2.0T Sportback. Stellar drive and a great route. grin.gif

Will put up some pictures later on. Was nice to meet everyone will have to do the same again next hear. beerchug.gif

We got back home about 6:30, after an uneventful run home.

Good meet, nice to see you all, good bunch of folks. 169144-ok.gif

Shame the back end of the run got lost on the way to the Cat & Fiddle, I got separated from CraigyB and just kept going in a straight line, thinking that if you'd turned off without us behind you, you'd have stopped and waited. More fool me! tongue.gif Garcon sorted us a scenic route, which was great on some of the bends, even at the 50 mph or so that we were stuck behind a non-Tyresmoker at.

Oh, and I christened the gallery with proof that MrMe doesn't drive his car hard enough to stain his exhaust pipes... the_finger.gif

well I got back about an hour ago, had some trouble finding the M6 despite Tom Tom ROLLEY~14.GIF and then it was a giant car park for much of the way til the toll road of joy. ECLIPSe.gif

What a great day - excellent meet - the sun shone, people made a huge effort to travel and meet up and it really summed up TSN again for me! Great venue, excellent food (if a little random with the ordering and delivery - where was my Sticky Richard...), big car park, and good fun. cool.gif

Highlights of the day? grin.gif

Watching MrMe slide gracefully into the TT seats

Chris's beautiful Daytona S8 - what a car - and watching Chris do a great take off from the Cat and Fiddle - right into the sights of the scamera van! smashfreakB.gif

Meeting some new faces 169144-ok.gif

A good drive to the Cat & Fiddle - we ended up in two groups and we in Garcon's posse took the scenic route - my DIS shows the evidence of following an S4, two S8s and goodness knows what else!. tongue.gif

Daz's RS4 exhaust note - always a joy. grin.gif

Will's super blinged S8 interior! cool.gif

JC cleaning up the left overs as ever. SPericani2.gif

Ian_C giving me a nice bottle of wine for organising the meet. smile.gifbeerchug.gif

Will put my pics in the gallery later but here are some highlights....

938504-DSCN0863%28Small%29.JPG

938504-DSCN0862%28Small%29.JPG

Everyone distracted Ian_C whilst they looked at his VIN number

938504-DSCN0874%28Small%29.JPG

medium car, big car, big car grin.gif

938504-DSCN0868%28Small%29.JPG

Jim - "I can hear rustling in those bushes"

938504-DSCN0876%28Small%29.JPG

MrMe wonders if he can have two of everything

938504-DSCN0881%28Small%29.JPG

A small delay on food led JC to think of eating the cutlery jar

938504-DSCN0885%28Small%29.JPG

That is one bling interior!

938504-DSCN0886%28Small%29.JPG

MrMe "How the feck am I going to get out of here"

938504-DSCN0888%28Small%29.JPG

A tad lower than usual. tongue.gif

938504-DSCN0895%28Small%29.JPG

post-9234-137914375843_thumb.jpg

Got back at 7.10pm after a 3hr+ drive. I don't ever want to have to drive through that godforsaken place named Stockport again!!!! We covered about 12 miles in an hour. It was atrocious.

Please, please, please can we hold it somewhere that means we route around that hell hole for traffic next time!!!

Good to see some new faces, new cars and the usual collection of superior automobiles. 169144-ok.gif

I'll post the pictures in the Gallery, but in the meantime here are a few tasters....

Chris_B's S8

B19.jpg

CraigyB's W12

B18.jpg

Ian_C's 1.9 GTi was very nice - but the tyres need attention.. grin.gif

B9.jpg

KGMan's GTi looked nice in Steel Grey

B6.jpg

NiGhT pursues A8_Tony

B3.jpg

Jim...courtesy of Daz.... grin.gif

B25.jpg

Avant_B6's, errm, not Avant B6....very nice.

B21.jpg

J_C does his John Inman impersonation?

B23.jpg

Excitement all round here... yelrotflmao.gif

B26.jpg

Finally, my poor, poor, car before it needed a wash...which it now certainly does. frown.gif

B13.jpg

Here you go a few of mine. More in the Gallery. 169144-ok.gif

Cars resting after the drive up to the Cat and Fiddle.

A_meet_to_remember.jpg

Audi_row.jpg

The low Flying squad in action. Flying_Squad.jpgFood.jpg

Follow this, a 645, and A8 on country roads with the windows down with a 6.0 V12 A8 chasing behind.... Fantasic. 169144-ok.gif

RS4_Say_no_more.jpg The leader of the pack, great route Jon. 169144-ok.gifECLIPSe.gifVery_Nice.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

watching Chris do a great take off from the Cat and Fiddle - right into the sights of the scamera van! smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody could have warned me! yelrotflmao.gif At least the business end was facing the other way.

Well, it's a blind corner coming out of the pub there, you need to get moving to keep out of the way of other traffic, don't you? wink.gif