Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmyp

The Biggest .:R Meet Ever!! **Feeler**

94 posts in this topic

Just a thought chaps, after talking with fellow .:R owners yesterday, and dicussing a possible big .:R meet and to get as many mkiv's and mkv's in one place.

I know there was a good turn out at the tuner GP last year but would be good to get as many together in one place at the same time, possibly get some mag interest also. One idea was maybe somewhere in the midlands.

Anyway these are my thoughts.

Opinions and thoughts wanted!!

cheers

jimmy 169144-ok.gif

Yes let is know any where abouts etc could do with giving the car a good run!!!

This year or next? I assume you are talking about a weekend event?

I'm up for it of i'm around. How about one of the VW racing weekends somewhere ? or even a castle coobme track day ? grin.gif

All depends when and where, but i'll probably be up for it anyway.

I am up for that Jimmy if I am about. Been a bit busy lately but will keep an eye out for further details. 169144-ok.gif

You know I'm up for this. Needs to be central to make easier for everyone to get to. We need: big venue with big car park and somewhere to grab a bite to eat. Maybe there is a show somewhere that we could arrange to meet at, as Jimmy said. I think most of the VW shows have been and gone so maybe it would have to be next year.

central......?

central england or central britain.....????

us scottish boys would like to play a part too....

but midlands is a hike and a half...

[ QUOTE ]

central......?

central england or central britain.....????

us scottish boys would like to play a part too....

but midlands is a hike and a half...

[/ QUOTE ]

What about somewhere around York then to keep those North of the boarder a little happier ?

I'd be up for this depending on where it is.

I voted for the North West but the Midlands and some other locations would be fine too.

Getting everybody together is a great idea 169144-ok.gif

I would be up for it, but couldnt be too far past the Midlands, as it takes me over 2 hours to get to Exeter.

I'm easy where ever it is as i need to put some serious mileage on the car anyway, but keep the ideas and suggestions coming and i'm sure between us we can sort something out... 169144-ok.gif

I can feel a large convoy coming on. jump.gif

Count me in 169144-ok.gif

If we're going in convoy ECLIPSe.gifECLIPSe.gifECLIPSe.gifthen fingers crossed my "club'ed" right foot will be cured, and maybe we'll get better MPG, and my license will stay intact.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm easy where ever it is as i need to put some serious mileage on the car anyway, but keep the ideas and suggestions coming and i'm sure between us we can sort something out... 169144-ok.gif

I can feel a large convoy coming on. jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Went to the Tuner GP at Donnington a couple of Summers back for an .:R meet and the convoy, all be it a short one from Donnington services was fun and seeing 15 R32's bombing along together was fantastic, you should have seen the looks from the other traffic !! ECLIPSe.gif169144-ok.gif

I'm up for it, North West best for me. North mids not too bad. Why not keep it close to a motorway? Say M6? Or around Stoke area, easy for M1/A50, M6 etc??