Choosing a mobile that works with the Audi BT kit

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm wrong here but class 1 and class 2 are specifications, not profiles and class 2 is backwards compatible with class1, a bit like the USB 1 & 2 scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like I being fed b******t by dealer, That was their reason why the phone wouldn't work.

I notice the thread suggests that the Nokia 8800 is okay. I'm still in the 7 day trial with Orange so I still have time to change the phone, are you aware if this is the Nokia 8800 Sirocco which has upgraded bluetooth connectivity from the original 8800. As I only an allowed one swap the next phone I choose has to be compatible

• 4 weeks later...

I've had probs with my 6230 and 6230i with my audi phonekit.

They connect up fine and I can make calls etc but nobody can hear me. I can hear them. At first i thought it was the phone kit but i tried my sons phone and my wifes phone and they both work fine. When i very first got the car, my 6230i worked fine but for some reason it just stopped working. I tried with my older spare phone, the 6230, and that had the exact same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? any ideas/suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I now have a P990i which is generally OK, but has a nasty habit of dropping the bluetooth for no reason at all, sometimes during a call, but unlike the K800i (which keeps disconnecting in a cycle) the P990i stays connected again. WHich makes it even harder to track down the cause of the problem smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am having exactly the same problem currently on thrid phone and not getting any better.

[ QUOTE ]

Works perfectly except that the address book won't transfer (but does have 600+ names in it so that might have something to do with it).

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have you left it attempting to transfer? If you have a large phonebook it can take a while to fully sync over bluetooth and until it finishes the phonebook option will be unavailable. It's noticably faster via a cradle.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Works perfectly except that the address book won't transfer (but does have 600+ names in it so that might have something to do with it).

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have you left it attempting to transfer? If you have a large phonebook it can take a while to fully sync over bluetooth and until it finishes the phonebook option will be unavailable. It's noticably faster via a cradle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try looking again after a 1-2 hour drive - with a phonebook that large it will take quite some time to transfer over Bluetooth.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try looking again after a 1-2 hour drive - with a phonebook that large it will take quite some time to transfer over Bluetooth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks guys. I must admit that I haven't done any long drives with the 8700v in Bluetooth mode - it is only likely to happen at the weekend/holidays.

The company give me a Nokia 6230i which is the phone I'm most likely to receive a call on in the week and that is perfect - though a poor device from its usefulness as a telephone...........

• 1 month later...

FYI,

The Orange SPV M3100 (HTC Hermes, TyTn, MDA Vario II, Vodafone V1605) works ok with pairing and recieving/making calls.

For anyone thinking of getting this handset, unless it is on external power, after 10-15 mins the handset bluetooth appears to go to sleep (to save battery power?) and needs to be re-connected by disabling/enabling bluetooth.

Mark

I realise this is related to RNS based systems, but I have the MMI based BT (thanks Craig). My K750i will work but does not transfer call list or phonebook. How do I check my firmware for the phone, and if it is not new enough, how/where do I update it? The kit is fine with my other 6230i by the way.

Thanks Craig. You only did it 3 weeks ago, and I do have working TMC. I'll give you a call tomorrow or Thursday regarding the receipt we discussed. As far as I know the MMI is up to date but the nav is only using a 2006 disc, so I dont get the 3d views, but if thats the only issue with the disc I can cope with that. 169144-ok.gif

The Blackberry website states that 2006 Audi BT kits will download the phonebook from any BB handsets with FW 4.1 or higher.

BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry device software version 4.1 or later can integrate the BlackBerry device Address Book with the following Bluetooth car kits:

2006 Audi car kits

2006 BMW car kits

See the Additional Information section for a list of supported BMW models.

Note: SIM card contacts cannot be transferred from the BlackBerry device to a Bluetooth car kit.

To configure which address book entries are integrated with the car kit

In the Options program on the device, clickBluetooth. If you cannot find the Bluetooth option, see KB-03402.

Click the trackwheel and select Options.

In the Address Book Transfer field, click the trackwheel and select Change Option.

Click one of the following options:

Disabled - disable the feature

All Entries - transfer all Address Book entries

Hotlist Only - transfer only the entries that you have had contact with recently over the phone

Note: An entire Address Book might not fit in some car kits.

Click the trackwheel and select Save

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...