How many will get a Wii??

gizze

Have you ever driven above 90mph?  

1. 1. Have you ever driven above 90mph?

I am just wondering how many people will get a Nintendo Wii?

I know all the gaming forums everyone is really looking forward to it, but these are all hardcore gamers that appreciate Nintendo, where as sisnce the SNES the Nintendo has always been classed as the kiddies console for some reason.

But with it being so cheap and the PS3 so expsensive, and now delayed over here, are you lot going to pick one of these up??

Would you have anyway if the PS3 was still launching at the same time?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I have a pre-order in, since the day they announced the release date. If I dont like then I will chuck it on ebay as I guess supply wont match demand at Christmas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Supposedly Nintendo will have more than they expected at launch, rather than MS/Sony who had far less than they wanted.

[ QUOTE ]

Was surprised to read that Grand Theft Auto IV will not be an exclusive for Sony. That's going to hurt!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very much so. GTA is (IIRC) the biggest selling franchise on consoles. Even though i had a xbox, the only game i kept my PS2 for that. It was just too bigger a game to wait a year for.

Add to that, i believe GTA online content is exclusive to the 360.

I will probably get a Wii - basically for the reason that Dave said he wouldnt - I struggle to find games I like on the new consols because they are all sims, real life action, proper racing - and tbh I suck at life, cant drive and dont need to practice shooting accuracy so I'll stick with Mario World and stuff like that 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Was surprised to read that Grand Theft Auto IV will not be an exclusive for Sony. That's going to hurt!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very much so. GTA is (IIRC) the biggest selling franchise on consoles. Even though i had a xbox, the only game i kept my PS2 for that. It was just too bigger a game to wait a year for.

Add to that, i believe GTA online content is exclusive to the 360.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just read a press statement from Rockstar - both 360 and PS3 will have online content, but xbox one will charge for it, where as PS3 is free. They didn't say what the online aspect was, but it would be good if some of the other characters you're seeing as you go about the game are other people and not AI.

Can't believe we have to wait until Oct 2007 though. That sucks, mad.gif

Yes, the PS3 and PSP will integrate well. There have already been tests between PS2 and PSP in the Outrun game and it works well. You could use your PSP as a Rear-view mirror or as another player. 169144-ok.gif

Ooooo I could be interested in a Wii then if they do. But then again its the games that will do it for me not the extras. Unless the PS3 and XBOX360 go head to head with HD disks. There are still rumours they are going to integrate the HD drive as well as offering the HD drive as a bundle. 169144-ok.gif

Definately getting the Wii, mainly for the launch title, which is of course the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, been a fan of the series for as far back as i can remember and with the new control system it looks like it will be better, overall tbh its the price of a ps3 thats off putting, i mean yeh it plays hi def but not that many people have HD yet, i will still probably get one at launch time but only if they have some really decent games to play with. But apparently all the developers are going crazy over the Wii and the Wimote(sp?) and yes you will be able to connect your Wii with your DS over wifi laugh.gif

Interesting answers. I have owened every console since the Binatone 10 in 1 (pong) thing, including the Atari 2600, CBS ColecoVision, PC Engine, Neo Geo, Famicom, Superfamicom, Genesis, PSX, Saturn, N64, PS2, GC, Xbox, 360 and all the handhelds.

I have to say that gaming at the moment is dull, dull, dull, dull, dull, dull dull!!

When I put a game on at night I want a nice colourful happy world to romp about in, things these days are just too realistic, after the initial awe of the graphics have worn off, usually about 3 minutes in, the games are just boring!

My Xbox 360 just sits there, the PS2 gets used for karaoke revolution, guitar hero and singstar, oh and a couple of titles like ICO and the rpgs and have to say the Gamecube is the one I actually play most, with waverace, 1080, mario, zelda, paper mario, animal crossing etc. it makes me smile.

At the moment the PS3 is not interesting me at all, games are being designed for a mass market these days where realism far outweighs fun. I thought maybe it was because I remember the original Mario games with such fondness that I think like this, and maybe in 15 years when my daughters friends are approaching their 30's they will look back and say 'Splinter cell and Halo is where it's at!!', but I sat them down with a SNES the other day and put Super Mario World on and they played it all day, she is still playing it now, and she has never played a console before in her life (the DS is the exception), they just haven't interested her and after 15 minutes she turns them off, but when given something that replies on pure gamepley and fun she loved it.

I am hoping the Wii is going to once again rely on gameplay, sod the grahics I don't care, once you are playing you forget about them anyway, so for me this is the console, if it doesn't give me something that is out and out fun I think I will knock what has been my passion for the last 28 years on the head.

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting answers. I have owened every console since the Binatone 10 in 1 (pong) thing, including the Atari 2600, CBS ColecoVision, PC Engine, Neo Geo, Famicom, Superfamicom, Genesis, PSX, Saturn, N64, PS2, GC, Xbox, 360 and all the handhelds.

I have to say that gaming at the moment is dull, dull, dull, dull, dull, dull dull!!

When I put a game on at night I want a nice colourful happy world to romp about in, things these days are just too realistic, after the initial awe of the graphics have worn off, usually about 3 minutes in, the games are just boring!

My Xbox 360 just sits there, the PS2 gets used for karaoke revolution, guitar hero and singstar, oh and a couple of titles like ICO and the rpgs and have to say the Gamecube is the one I actually play most, with waverace, 1080, mario, zelda, paper mario, animal crossing etc. it makes me smile.

At the moment the PS3 is not interesting me at all, games are being designed for a mass market these days where realism far outweighs fun. I thought maybe it was because I remember the original Mario games with such fondness that I think like this, and maybe in 15 years when my daughters friends are approaching their 30's they will look back and say 'Splinter cell and Halo is where it's at!!', but I sat them down with a SNES the other day and put Super Mario World on and they played it all day, she is still playing it now, and she has never played a console before in her life (the DS is the exception), they just haven't interested her and after 15 minutes she turns them off, but when given something that replies on pure gamepley and fun she loved it.

I am hoping the Wii is going to once again rely on gameplay, sod the grahics I don't care, once you are playing you forget about them anyway, so for me this is the console, if it doesn't give me something that is out and out fun I think I will knock what has been my passion for the last 28 years on the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you're coming from, though not as old as you I had the NES, SNES and N64 before going to Sony for the PS's and MS for the Xbox. The last game with old school imagination and fantasy I remember buying was Mario 64.

But on the oher hand, I love sports and driving games. Without the Playstation we'd never have Pro Evolution Soccer in its current form.

I think theres room for both forms of gaming, just a shame they cant be all on the same machine! smashfreakB.gif

Some of the Zelda Screenshots look quite nice.

http://www.collegedowntime.com/legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-preview.php (this might be a site with a WW for some folks - not sure)

I must say tho I am with Gizze all the way - and the only gaming I do tends to be as far away from real world as possible as I get bored 2 easily, and Mario Rocks 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...