Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sms720

Midlands Meet

23 posts in this topic

Any of your meets ever happen in the midlands area as I'd love to come along to one of them.....

There are no meets that are arranged by anyone on here. I may be in B'ham next month for a couple of days so could coincide my trip with a meet, although I may not have my car.

NB. The Windsor and Essex meets are usually in the last 2 weeks of the month and the Northern around the 15th. Dont let that deter you from sorting a 4th one I'm sure theres got to be enough of you to make it a go'er.

Graham ECLIPSe.gif

Umm what sort of place makes a good meet....? if someone lists a few criteria I can have a think and then we can discuss dates....

[ QUOTE ]

Umm what sort of place makes a good meet....? if someone lists a few criteria I can have a think and then we can discuss dates....

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what you want to do.

For the Northern meets, we all drive to a pub that's miles from anywhere, consume a very large pub meal and a pint of fizz, then drive home - shivering - 'cos it's on the top of a bl**dy mountain.

Some people like to combine the meet with a drive around, so that's something to consider if you know any "good" roads in the area.

I should add that the Northern meets were a little irregular/erratic, but once we started having a regular time and venue, things got better. Don't worry if there's only a few of you for the first few months - just keep at it and the people will come. Oh, and keep a lookout on RS246.com as they sometimes have meets in the Midlands - you may even want to post on there as I know of at least one RS4 owner who lives in you area.

"note to all"...if we go for a drive remember my car has the power of a tortoise....i need a map then to catch u lot up!..lol

Why don't you start out with an evening pub meet somewhere just to get the ball rolling, then you can discuss whether to have a driving meet or continue with pub meets or both.

If one of you Midlands guys names a pub, date and time, then people can say whether they can or cannot make it.

OK

I know a pub with a big car park near where I work which is easily accessible from anywhere (hence why our office is there!)

I work in Coleshill (North East Birmingham) and the pub is about 2 miles from junction 4 of the M6. This is just by the junction of the M42 and M6 (near NEC) so it is accessible from all directions. There are also a couple of nice quietish duel carriageway sections + plus roundabouts should anyone feel the need to "experiment" *cough*.

I'll sort out a link to an online map or something later on - but how does this location sound to people?

Good, it seems like we've got a few takers..

I've done an autoroute map from M6 J4 to the pub together with the driving instructions (although it ain't very difficult!).

The pub is a Harvester called the Wheatsheaf.

How about Thursday 25th September - at 8ish?

Here's the map

map1.gif

and the directions

map2.gif

Have to get back to you on that. Two tyresmoke meets on successive days is going to mean grovelling to the babysitters. Got to make sure there's a token banana at Windsor, y'see.

Would it be more sensible to make it the week after then (October 2nd)?