Fifth Gear

daveknott

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

The Corvette Z06 came 4th in Evo's COTY so don't write it off. Its a cracking car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes. But for someone in the European media to praise an American car [let alone announce it as best in class] is rare; they'd rather spout stereotypes even if they actually like it... For more information see Clarkson's articles virtually every other week grin.gif

Not the best looking car to ever wear a Corvette badge but we can forgive it that smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think it is one of the best looking cars to wear a Corvette badge... grin.gif

(OK - since about '68)

[/ QUOTE ]

'67 actually grin.gif 1968 was the first year of the "coke bottle" C3, which I still regard as the worst of the 6 incarnations [though lots of people loved it]. If you wanted to include that as well you could have said since the mid 80s so I'm guessing you didn't want to 169144-ok.gif. The C6 has divided opinion. It always was going to have a hard time after the gorgeous shape of the C5.

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting choice of overall winner - TT 2.0T. I know it's had some very good reviews, but d'you think that choice might've been slightly influenced by the fact they have to give one away? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What a cynical suggestion! Next you'll be saying the real reason they didn't fly out to America to present Team Corvette with their award is because they couldn't afford the airfare! grin.gifjump.gif