Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aliAUDI

R8 Spec released

110 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

I just watched the Autocar Podcast and it says they have 500 deposits for 400 cars next year already. Some will drop out some won't but I'd say if you get one for next year you will be doing well. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They said the same with the RS4 around launch time!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I just watched the Autocar Podcast and it says they have 500 deposits for 400 cars next year already. Some will drop out some won't but I'd say if you get one for next year you will be doing well. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that eh ? 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that eh ? 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There is over 50 secondhand on auto trader now!!!!!! lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't give a shite about cruise it's the others here who are moaning that it doesn't have it. I don't know why you would want something like that on this sort of car anyway. It was just an example regarding the spec. Let's just see how the car drives before slagging it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had cruise on my old cabriolet and used it twice in 9 years. SMOKE6.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

I had cruise on my old cabriolet and used it twice in 9 years. SMOKE6.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty good value for money, for that is double the number of time you used the 'cab' itself. tongue.gif

:runs away very fast indeed:

Ian

IMHO opinion its not just about power to weight you need to consider the chasis and power delivery. Remember the Top Gear show with the AMV8 v BMWM6 V 911. Even though the 911 had the least power it still beat the other two in real world motoring conditions.

I think Audi are pushing it with this car if you can afford £90k for a decent spec R8 chances are you can afford a Gallardo or a 911 Turbo, if it would of been between £65 - £75k I reckon it would of took some customers from the 911 but in this £80k plus bracket its pushing against some heavy hitters. I cant see Porsche, AM, Lambo or Ferrari customers getting an Audi. The image of the brand is good, reliable and steady, you wont get these prospective customers buting a car made by someone who makes the A2.

I've been thinking this one through. I really want manual but will I be hit more than the cost of the paddle box (c£6k) on resale?

[ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking this one through. I really want manual but will I be hit more than the cost of the paddle box (c£6k) on resale?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking if the sequential gearbox will retain that £6k difference over the manual Merlot ?

Yes I am (or more?). I'II probably go for the manual as that's what I want but it would be nice to know.

I'm 3rd on the list at my dealer so I'm hoping for 07 delivery but wouldn't be surprised if it was 08.

I would have a manual if I could afford an R8 in the fiorst place. That machined gate looks superb and I'm not convinced by an uprated Lambo e-Gear system considering how poor they suppoosedly are in urban driving situations. Pity it doesn't have S-Tronic.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes I am (or more?). I'II probably go for the manual as that's what I want but it would be nice to know.

I'm 3rd on the list at my dealer so I'm hoping for 07 delivery but wouldn't be surprised if it was 08.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd wait to see what the market does first.... sekret.gif

I'm sure the market will go the paddle shift but I'm a purist and want one to drive rather than talk about (that's bound to polarise opinion!).

I meant with regard to the car and it's daft pricing for the market....not the transmission of choice merlot.

Do you mean the lack of standard equipment and large premium over an RS4 or vs the Gallardo? The dear versus cheap dichotomy.

I think its more to do with can the Audi brand ask £85k for the car ? If they don't all fly off the shelves and there is a big waiting list then the residuals might bomb. blush.gif

If residuals boom then I might have to keep it forever....oh well!

Anyone seen a price list yet - its due out in October according to the press release.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the lack of standard equipment and large premium over an RS4 or vs the Gallardo? The dear versus cheap dichotomy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, all of that 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think its more to do with can the Audi brand ask £85k for the car ? If they don't all fly off the shelves and there is a big waiting list then the residuals might bomb. blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

W H I T E E L E P H A N T Flush.gif

Spec and prices still not out despite Audi UK saying they would be in October.

There's a good 'passenger' road test in Car magazine. Clearly shows that the seats have side airbags so they must be different to the RS4's buckets.

[ QUOTE ]

Spec and prices still not out despite Audi UK saying they would be in October.

There's a good 'passenger' road test in Car magazine. Clearly shows that the seats have side airbags so they must be different to the RS4's buckets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, not so...

I have the launch details and prices all here in my office.

Let me know if you want me to post them up laugh.gif

Thanks Gareth. I've got the internal dealer doc which came out on 28th September but that says that price and spec guides would be available on Audi.co.uk in Oct which they are not.

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Gareth. I've got the internal dealer doc which came out on 28th September but that says that price and spec guides would be available on Audi.co.uk in Oct which they are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

The specs and prices are in that document/s - but not confirmed yet.

There is a nice view of the seats on the configurator on audi.de - they look ok with sides which are not too aggressive. Just wish I read German!

Anyone else actually ordered one of these?

The order book is hot according to Autocar but so was the Aston V8 Vantage before it imploded.