TDi Smoking when chipped

Squealey

Hi all you knowledgable people.

I have a 1999 Passat 1.9tdi Estate. It has covered 80,000 miles. I recently brought a power upgrade chip made by PSI. It is the chip that the shop German, Swedish and French sell. It apparantly boosts the power from 110 to 134 BHP . The problem I have is that when it's fitted my car pumps out an embarrasing amount of smoke when accelerating. As soon as I take it off the smoking stops. The car only uses about 1 litre of oil every 10,000 miles which is in no way excessive.

Has anyone else experienced any problems like this????

These chips really do work and I would prefer to leave it on my car, but its just too embarrasing.

Thanks in advance for any help you can afford me

Hi Wayne & welcome to TSN

My old gal is 15 months old and has done some 40k, prior to chipping the car was virtually smoke free, however since I had the beast chipped by Revo the car has smoked a bit more and I have noticed the oil consumption has increased.

In my opinion, it is a small price to pay for such a hike in performance, my car has been transformed...... ECLIPSe.gif

I would'nt let the increase in smoke bother you too much, after all it only effects the poor sods behind you.... wink.gif (unchipped S3 owners form an orderly queue please) fuck_scott.gif

Good luck with the transformation, when it's done bring it along a meet. beerchug.gif