Should I slink out the back door then ?

encee

Following on from the mega "Doing a Smitten" post, well this was what I did grin.gif :

dsc00080copyah7.jpg

dsc00082copygc8.jpg

dsc00078copyll7.jpg

dsc00084copylo8.jpg

Brand new Colorado red ST2, collected last Friday. Not to everyone`s taste, I know, but I`m VERY pleased with it.

I`m also pleased with the fact that, having sold my BMW, my ST is fully paid for, and I now have a reasonably fat cheque sitting in my bank, as well.

Anyway, if you don`t like it, I`ll leave by the Tradesman`s Entrance......... grin.gif

Well, if I'm totally honest, it might take me a while to get used to the lights in the rear bumper, but overall I'd give it a definite thumbs-up.

I can't say that I've driven one but the top of the range Fords tend to be very good value for money these days and I reckon it will be a lot of fun.

I think the colour looks great on it too 169144-ok.gif

We now await the comprehensive review...

Cheers gents. 169144-ok.gif

Yes, admittedly there are one or two "built down to a price" bits on it, here and there, but as a driving machine......wow !

Should surprise one or two, er, "more established", should we say, performance cars out there.

And yes, a review will be forth-coming, when I`ve put a few more miles on it.........for all the prospective chavs out there, you understand. grin.gif

encee, thats a great car!

I am yet to "do a smitten" frown.gif Not a sniff on my car, but then it is nearly winter crazy.gif

That looks great in Red too blush.gif I had a spin in the ST3 that Danksy tested, I can still recall him warning me of the approaching Police car jump.gif

Enjoy it 169144-ok.gif

Gents, thanks for all the positive comments regarding the latest steed. 169144-ok.gif

In answer to a couple of comments/questions (sorry, names not recalled blush.gif)

Yes, the exhaust note is quite a feat that Ford have pulled off. When you`re pootling around, you can hardly hear it, but when you open her up.........wow ! The thing sounds absolutely fantastic, and from inside the cabin, so God-only knows how it sounds outside ! Hard to describe, really, but it is of real benefit to your overall enjoyment of the car, without being intrusive at low speeds.

The pics of the car were taken before I`d actually done anything to it; detailing-wise. So it`s a credit to the dealer that it was in that condition when I collected it. It then got the full Megs treatment, of course, as IMHO, a car doesn`t completely feel your own until it`s been detailed by you.

Quite a few positive comments about the colour (thanks). It was actually the colour, out of the choice on offer, that I would`ve gone for anyway. I really like red, as I always feel that it`s a colour that pays dividends, more than some, after a good detailing session. It just so happened that the dealer I went to had a red one in stock, so I didn`t have to wait at all.

Smittens: Thanks for your reply mate, and I hope that you get sorted sooner, rather than later, and garcon: Go for the Type 25 mate; you know you want to........ grin.gif

Nice car and looks good in red too. I'd not knock it as even in ST3 loaded spec it makes the GTi and particularly the forthcoming S3 look very expensive - I'd seriously consider one & may even do so next year - what's the fuel consumption looking like?