Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamiek

B*****D TO START IN THE MORNING

8 posts in this topic

My golf has started to be a nightmare for starting recentley in the mornings changed the glow plugs no different so i changed the air and fuel filter to still no different cant think what else it can be but once started no more probs till the next morning please help its a 115 pd engine.....

Could be a battery on the way out. Cold mornings normally sort out the good and bad batterys.

If you need a new one look for one with a good cold crank rating.

What causes it to be soo difficult to start? Do you have trouble getting it to turnover? or does it turnover, and not fire?

I've got a similar issue on my BMW, and im told its the fuel pump.

it doesnt want to fire and by the way your bmw woundnt be a 325 td i had one ok to start from cold but if left for say half an hour it would struggle had a new pump fitted £600 sorry...

Injectors?

Big problems on the early Volvo D5 units which cost about £1500 to fix. Obviously you've got a BM but cold-starting is often down to injector failure.

Have you tried running some warm water over the fuel rail in the AM to see if that helps it start? If it does, its likely to be the injectors.

I personally have just changed my glow plugs, and now i only have starting issues 1/10 times, rather than pretty much constantly.

this cylinder 4 misfire i have could it be the injector as ive read the same problem somewhere else and they said pump/injector is this the same thing???