Got REVOd today

paulstainsby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine is a 55 plate DGS 18" Monzas ,leather,winter pack,met blck.Has done just over 8000 miles,just had the stage 1 re map,no other mods . Suppost to put it to about 260bhp,but no rolling road where i had it done in surrey,so gotta take his word for it.So i will have to book it in somewhere just to see exactly what its pushing out,but gotta be about right from what it feels like compared to what ive driven before.DGS takes a touch longer to change but that feels good.

[ QUOTE ]

just had the stage 1 re map,no other mods . Suppost to put it to about 260bhp,but no rolling road where i had it done in surrey,so gotta take his word for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Someone correct me if I'm wrong and I don't want to rain on your parade Paul, but I don't think that you'll achieve as high as 260 bhp without any exhaust mod. My understanding is that you'd need a Hi-flow+Downpipe (aka Turbo-back) to get 260-270 bhp. I think OliH was getting 265 bhp from his Revo re-map with modded exhaust. SiBurt's GTI also at similar bhp level but with an AmD re-map plus exhaust mods.

All that matters is that she's drivable and that you enjoy her.

169144-ok.gif

Yep that right, not sure how they got to that as it actually came out at 230bhp/259ft/lb on the RR, but he said allowances must be made for the DSG, and I had a high flow CAT and Pipercross cone. As ive said before, I think REVO are a little optimistic with their figures. However no matter what the end figures, the driveability of the car is just amazing, just how the GTI should be in the first place.

Si Burts car put out 269BHP on the day, I think, and that had AMD stage 2 and Milltek.

I took his car and my car out in the road back to back and my GTI felt faster, but I think this is only down to the DSG. His was an amazing setup as he had the brakes, suspension, exhaust and remap - Very nice

[ QUOTE ]

His was an amazing setup as he had the brakes, suspension, exhaust and remap - Very nice

[/ QUOTE ]

....I'm working towards very similar:-

- Brakes: Same AP Racing kit by the end of October.

- Suspension: Already done with Koni FSD+Eibach.

- Exhaust: Already done with same Milltek Hi-flow+Downpipe.

- Re-map: Favourites (not in order of preference) are Revo, Ray West, APS. But for 95% of the time I don't feel I need a re-map and I'm likely to wait until my VW warranty has expired. And yes, I have driven re-mapped GTIs up to 270 bhp, so I know what I'm 'missing'.

I bet you aren't enjoying your R32, Oli wink.gif169144-ok.gif.

[ QUOTE ]

I bet you aren't enjoying your R32, Oli wink.gif169144-ok.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have now had a chance for a good 'hard' drive, and can confess that it is amazing, especially now with my new 19's on it. But as has said before you have to be going seriously fast to even be on the limit.

It has a lovely control to it in corner, and with the 4wd is very reassuring that you can plant your foot down and all will be in control 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

maybe someone can help, i read a few posts a while ago about lauch control,im assuming it was taken off on later models cos ive tried everything and i cant get it to work.

[/ QUOTE ] Launch control works on my 07 gti that was built late august. Not that its actually much use in the real world with a front wheel drive car.

To use it you need to be in sport mode with esp off, then simply left foot brake and floor the throttle, the car will sit at 3000rpm roughly and then when you relase the brake away you go. (you have to come off the throttle a good bit tho cos it'll just wheelspin otherwise.)

Ive tried it once just too see if it was there and now i have i cant see me using it again. smashfreakB.gif

gonna have to get mine rolling roaded just so i know what its pushing out now,whatever it ends up at i dont mind cos its made the car perform just as i want it.I dont think the front wheels could take much more power sensibly and useable.Think if i mod anything else it will have to be a Miltec as ive read some really good reports on it.But gota do abit more research.

Not really sure on this but I think its to do with the rolling road calculations ... and not the car. Something about the way rolling roads calculate the mechanical resistance on the slowing down phase of the test comes to mind ...hazy I know but I'm pretty sure this is where the diffenence comes.

In a manual after you have revved the nuts off it do you just take it out of gear and allow it to slow down...doesn't the RR use this phase of the test to understand the mechanical resistance of the drivetrain (or some such?) This would be different in a DSG right?

I could be talking rubbish smile.gif

Saw this on another forum:

"ONCE the Car has peaked.....revved its arse off wink.gif the driver puts his foot on the clutch so the engine is disconnected.....now the ROLLING ROAD puts its own power through the rollers and works out HOW MUCH HORSE POWER IT HAS TO USE, to make the gearbox and wheels turn at the same speed........;)it then works out the loss that the gearbox and drive created smile.gif "

What happens after you rev the nuts on a DSG ? drop into N ? Not had mine on a RR so not sure how this would work?

the only difference I can see by moving a dsg into neutral is that the dsg oil pump 'may' not be driven ( not sure whether it's drive by input or output shafts), otherwise It should work in the same way surely? So I can understand that potential damage may occur without the oil pump running, but not that is woul dmake a difference to the horse power figures