MkV R32 - wheel choices

rs32

Have been looking at different wheel options (18s and 19s) for the .:R over the last few weeks.

Personally I'm not a fan of the BBS range on the MkV (they look great on the MkIV IMO) so looking to go a different route.

But what will look good in your opinion ? Because of the cost of good quality wheels most stockists do not have examples that you can offer up to the car. This leaves the customer faced with a ££££ purchase with no option to "try and see" first.

If there are any photoshop gurus out there, I have one or 2 ideas for possible wheel choice but I cannot get the images right with brake discs/callipers showing properly - pls PM me if you can help 169144-ok.gif

All suggestions welcome beerchug.gif

sample pic as standard :

960316-side_clean.jpg

post-12140-137914377979_thumb.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My personal choice as alternatives to the Zolder alloys are the 19" RS4 rims or the 19" BBS CH rims. I've not seen anything else that suits the car but both alternatives come at a cost. I'd be interested to see what anyone else recommends. I fully intend to buy alternative rims when I've got the spare reddies but with Winter on the horizon, I'm likely to stick with the Zolder's until March/April time. 169144-ok.gif

thanks OliH 169144-ok.gif just scrolled through all of that and the only ones I like are the set I was considering anyway - OZ Ultra Legerra grin.gif

Ultraleggera-Crystal-Titainium.jpg

I think that perhaps suggests that I should just go and buy the damn things coffee.gif

Still very difficult to tell how they will look on a shadow blue .:R ......

Now just need to wait for confirmation of a brake kit upgrade sekret.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

plus you get a discount on them... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good Petsy, no but seriously Im not one for putting different makes wheels on a car - other than ones that have links with the manufacturer, if that makes sense. I get discount on all makes of wheels.

[ QUOTE ]

I like the BBS which are fitted to that black R32 in VW driver the other month,think they are GT-R or somthing.They look stunning anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo they look better in the flesh than the CH's on the MkV - have seen Marc's car with them fitted. Still not completely my cup of tea though.

A great selection of wheel choice on the link Oli posted, the Sportecs are also good and I like the "M3 replicas" on the Laser Blue GTI.

Criteria I'm interested in are lightweight, well made and well finished. The OZ wheels seem to be up there with BBS for these factors.