Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mouse

Angry

13 posts in this topic

After having my BBS Dust Caps nicked off my new wheels last month I was not impressed to say the least. Now today I go to give the car a quick rinse and someone has stolen just one of the black dust caps I had put on. I mean come on, what is the point? I feel like my car is being targetted sometimes. I also came back to it the other day to find two weird patches of light brown dust on the bonnet, that certainly couldn't of came from driving. It's impossible these days to have your car safe and secure sportifs2.gif

Mine got stolen too, I'm going to get those spanner fit caps next 169144-ok.gif

I wish I knew how to invent electric dust caps, that power up when the car is locked (with the option of turning them off when you ain't using them of course!)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful! There's a make who's name that escapes me that were so good, they NEVER came off!

Even with the spanner... Flush.gif

Yup, I've heard a few people getting bittin by those spanner fit ones. Stick with the black plastic ones, normally free/next to nowt from the local tyre place.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful! There's a make who's name that escapes me that were so good, they NEVER came off!

Even with the spanner... Flush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate, that would make me angry laugh.gif

Avoid the spanner fit dust caps mine would not budge with a socket on them and had to be cut off very carefully with a dremil multi tool thingy

How about coating them with easyrun grease once you've fitted them?

It's easily sorted by keeping some tissue in the car if you have to remove them but if someone touches them without realising its a complete shite to get off your hands.

Aren't the Polo caps the same as the R32 ones- the sort that don't have to be taken off to read / take pressure readings?

If so, changing them out will mean you need to remove them for the weekly / monthly air checks.

Now one off mine has just been pinched mad.gif, whats with nicking just the one why not all openfire.gif not that I want them nick all of 'em grin.gif

I caught a group of yobs nicking them of my E-Class a few years back. Got their address and told the police... nothing came of it :| didnt get em back either.

I normally just check around on the floor when I do my tyres, normally find one or two extra's lying around, I think I have about 8 spares at the mo'!