E36 328 coupe with loose steering!

harminder

Just brought a 328 coupe (1995) with 120k..

The car has been dropped 40mm and handles the corners very well........a lot better than I thought it would! smlove2.gif

Only problem is that when I am cruising at motorway speeds the car seems to pull to the left or right every so often!

I got the tracking checked today and it was out (-4.5mm?) but that has now been corrected and car feels better but still not perfect!

One thing I have noticed is that there seems to be quite a lot of play in the steering, e.g if I move the steering 1/2 inch to the left or right the car goes pretty much straight!!

Hence not much feel in the steering when in a straight line but then feels geat round corners!

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas? Could it be due to it being lowered or perhaps issue with steering rack? confused.gif

Bit worried as only just brought the car.. sportifs2.gif

Not so sure about the E36 but lowering E30s by any more than 25mm used to mess up the camber and castor angles.

If the castor is incorrect the steering will feel very slack or very stiff.

As the E36 front suspension is pretty much the same in that area as the E30 that's what I'd go for.

You can get adjustable strut tops that would correct this or you could try it with less extreme springs.