R32 MkV

Smudge

Have been busy of late speaking to VW dealers on a number of matters. Spoke to one earlier in the week who said the unofficial (but official within VW) news on the MkV R32 is:

3.2 Twin Turbo 4 wheel drive 380bhp - notworthy.gif

They also mentioned a limited edition Polo with again 4 motion but 1.8T engine tuned to 200bhp.

Are they mad?!?!?!?

R32 pics I found:

post-2160-137914251507_thumb.jpg

I beleive that it is a paintshop impression as I have seen it on another forum.

I am picking up my R32 on Friday and spoke to the dealer about the MK V R32 and he said it has not even been confirmed if there will be a MK V R32 . Anyway they will wait for the GTI versions to be launched or what is the point of buying a GTI when you know a R32 variant is just round the corner.

jump.gif

There will be a Mk5 R32. VW want to incorperate slowly over all of their deaprtments making the R a sporty alternative. Much like AMG with merc. I read a couple of months ago in autocar that VW had been teting a 600bhp Phanton to rival the S55.... Dealers never know b@ollocks. I always seem to know more about the car than they bloody do.

At the Frankfurt show VW have shown a Golf MKV GTI - 200 bhp turbo unit installed, and its a 'concept' at this stage. There is mention of a R model around 2005.

In respnse to AI74s post, I would think:

a) it will never be a twin turbo 380 bhp model

b) your dealer is telling porkies

Dunc

I think everyone would agree that there will probably be a Mark V R32 more than likley it will be at least 2005 before we can buy one.

But no one knows what the specs are or what it would like (Other than a few paint shop impressions) . It should be more powerfull and faster than the current version but what else is pure speculation.

In the mean time I will enjoy my R32 when I pick it up on Friday.

beerchug.gif

From what I've read the MKV R32 will be the FSI version of the 3.2 V6 with 250bhp.......I think it's the Audi RS3 that's meant to have the Twin Turbos and around 350bhp.

Those photos are definitely photoshop jobs, but I guess it gives you an idea what it might look like. Personally I currently don't like the shape of the MKV......I just can't see any similarity to the Golf in it at all. Whether or not it will grow on me with time I don't know, or maybe after seeing the car in the flesh it'll look better. I don't like the look of the MKV GTI at all.

• 2 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

Where did you find those pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry - can't remember.

Re the 3.6 debate. We've talked about it on here & can't see the justification from VAG's point of view. The 3.2 lump is new & surely there is plenty more left from the current stock 3.2 in terms of BHP. All VW need to do is put the car into it's new body, tune the engine a bit & 300bhp will be theirs. So why dump the 3.2 & introduce a new 3.6? In speaking sense of terms it makes none!

confused.gif

They dont have a 3.6 in any other cars. The cost of making the engine just for the R36 would be unjustifyable (sp...piss off), unless of course they were going to impliment it in other models.... I still think it will be a poweredd up version of the 3.2, possibly new cams.. i dunno, but around300bhp sounds about right. But it wouldnt supprise me if it was 250 beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Where did you find those pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry - can't remember.

Re the 3.6 debate. We've talked about it on here & can't see the justification from VAG's point of view. The 3.2 lump is new & surely there is plenty more left from the current stock 3.2 in terms of BHP. All VW need to do is put the car into it's new body, tune the engine a bit & 300bhp will be theirs. So why dump the 3.2 & introduce a new 3.6? In speaking sense of terms it makes none!

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its all marketing. Making it go from 3.4 - 3.6 is no biggie. ALl they do to bore the cyl a little bigger and thats probably pretty much it. they COULD get mor eout of the 3.2 but they wanta bigger engine to sell, that way people can say "Ohhh I got a bigger engine," Wah.. its al markting.

-GR

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I currently don't like the shape of the MKV......I just can't see any similarity to the Golf in it at all. Whether or not it will grow on me with time I don't know, or maybe after seeing the car in the flesh it'll look better. I don't like the look of the MKV GTI at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I'm glad somebody has finally said that. I TOTALLY agree. I think it's really ugly and I hate the way the back looks like the Peugeot 307.

And, while we're at it, I'm here to say that I don't like the new A3 either. The front absolutely deinitely looks like a Hyundai Elantra with Audi rings on the grill. I'm sorry, but I ain't never gonna buy an Audi that looks like a Hyundai ... what were they thinking?

So (yes I have a point) I'm rather glad my forthcoming R32 is the old shape and, my god, it certainly will be ancient by the time us Aussies get our first shipment in Feb. My mechanic mate reckons it looks cool because it's already "old school", i.e. it's less likely to date (from an owner's perspective) because it's effectively old before you've even taken delivery, so it's not as though it was cutting edge and then you just watch it decline with age...

I'm not so sure on the A3, new Golf looks thing. I really didn't like the A4 when that was changed, but it's grown on me - albeit very very slowly. In fact, I think the only new shape A4 I really do like is the S4!!

With regard to the Golf, I haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but I agree, it does look like a 307 & isn't quite so Golf like, but then they've done that before & we all grew to love them. I have a colleague who's seen a couple on the mainland (Europe to you Gamma wink.gif) and he reckons they look like a Polo on Steriods??!

With regard to the A3, again, it's grown on me very slowly but I don' like it as much as the old shape. I seriously thought about ordering an A3 3.2 Quattro about 3 months ago, but when I got inside one I just didn't like it. It feels smaller inside in some strange way.

Watch this space though, 2 years down the line & I'm sure we'll all be drooling over them both!!

smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure on the A3, new Golf looks thing.....I have a colleague who's seen a couple on the mainland (Europe to you Gamma wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif

Before I got halfway into the post, I was going to ask you what the first line meant! hehe.. you know the line that says, "I'm not so sure on the A3, new Golf looks thing" Looks thing? Like... Looks pants? grin.gif

I talked to my friend Christian (who is from London) yesterday, and we talked about the differences with the language. He tried to update me on as many slang words as he possibly could, but couldnt think of too many off the top of his head... The main one we were cracking up over was how the word fanny out here means butt (or bum as you say), (or "auntie" for some weird reason) and it means something QUITE a bit different out there. smile.gif hahaha

Gamma - I take it back.

Never say that to a woman in England, unless she's fat & ratted (and your deperate & willing to possibly run fast!)

It's a hard one to explain. And I'm possibly the worst to try!! I remember when I went to Houston 12 years ago (I was 17 & nights out were just the business over there). They guys I was staying with kept saying, "yeah, she was real pissed". I just sat there wondering which person they were talking about. I'm guessing you know pissed is something different here don't you? crazy.gif

beerchug.gif

• 2 months later...

my local dealer is saying that it will be a 3.2, VAG have no current developments on the size of the unit, but there is scope for improving its breathing and mapping to 280ish as per AMD et al.

They also reckon the fit, finish and quality of the mk5 is embarrasing and the mk4 was way ahead..... sitting in the drivers seat of a 16inch wheeled gti, with it's letter box screen and bendy door buckets I would agree.....