Monaro VXR 500 review

MOSE

[ QUOTE ]

Wopps....the Vaux bit is literally the badge. As already discussed on other threads. Vaux literally market the car in the UK, other than that it is HSV DNA through and through.

A few owner have had the Vaux badges removed, mine will be next!! It aint Vauxhall....they simply SELL IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont care about the badge. Im afraid to say even with the new Astra out, a VX is not cool! However that 500 thing is simply the bollox in my eyes. Custom, unique, understated and with a heart of the ox. In a world where bling is everywhere and whats different is cool, the VX stands out like a lighthouse.

Of course this is only a fashion guru's opinion! 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Only one thing I wanna raise out of this debate is the Vauxhall thing. The car is very unfortunately BADGED as a Vauxhall, and as already agreed in previous threads the car deserves to be known by its original DNA. So can we now begin to compare the car as like for like with the HSV badge??

I would feel so much happier smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont be such a snob!

Your starting to make me think the VXR is only cool becasue its a Vauxhall!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wopps....the Vaux bit is literally the badge. As already discussed on other threads. Vaux literally market the car in the UK, other than that it is HSV DNA through and through.

A few owner have had the Vaux badges removed, mine will be next!! It aint Vauxhall....they simply SELL IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont care about the badge. Im afraid to say even with the new Astra out, a VX is not cool! However that 500 thing is simply the bollox in my eyes. Custom, unique, understated and with a heart of the ox. In a world where bling is everywhere and whats different is cool, the VX stands out like a lighthouse.

Of course this is only a fashion guru's opinion! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Understated.... not with the Wortec toys it aint...

Yes it is! You think it looks like a car that can outpace a 360, porka turbo etc. It dosent. + it has that badge you hate so much. Mate that is understated. To get that performance for the same price you have to go down the Evo route with chips and turbo's etc... and we all know they arnt understated! yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If it had four doors and a decent sized boot I'd be to the dealers like a shot with my money. But as it hasn't it'll remain my screensaver.

Unless anyone is prepared to lend me the keys to theirs to convince me otherwise.... sekret.gif169144-ok.gifbeerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Phone Brian @ Greens of Holborough... ask him for a test drive... the keys will be yours (under supervision of course).. any other vxl dealer will prpbably tell you to put a £35K deposit down of to feck off

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say it wouldn't bother me if it was a Holden or Vauxhall badge, it really wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

As cultured individuals I think we should get passed the badge and simply get to the dynamics inside. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Only one thing I wanna raise out of this debate is the Vauxhall thing. The car is very unfortunately BADGED as a Vauxhall, and as already agreed in previous threads the car deserves to be known by its original DNA. So can we now begin to compare the car as like for like with the HSV badge??

I would feel so much happier

Dont be such a snob!

SNOB????

Have you read the entirety of this thread Wopps??

Just this comment mate......

Dont be such a snob!

SNOB????

Have you read the entirety of this thread Wopps??

I started off by saying that I wish the car was labelled as it shoudl RIGHLTY be labelled and not as it is is in the uk. In OZ its an HSV, in the UK it has a VAUX badge which IMMEDIATELY compromises the car.

Hence, I just do not understand your immediate posts regarding that statement. Just confused mate!

[ QUOTE ]

But as it flashes a Vaux badge, we are natuarlly Vaux owners. NOT THE CASE!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It must have been that!

But mate common I made that coment in total jest honest. You came from an M3 for fecks sake! Joke Joke Joke! 169144-ok.gif

Im sticking up for the Monaro, I think its a total corker! 169144-ok.gif

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm.......ok!!

Well maybe the Brandy aint kicked in yet, but even if I am on my own in saying this amongst Monaro owners, the car needs to be recognised for what it IS and now how it is Badged. There is a huge difference. Am not sure VAUX could ever engineer a car like the Monaro, it simply isnt their car! They just have the added luxury of being able to market it.

And having come from the M3, in some respects I do regret not having purchased the Monaro before the M3. As much as I loved the M3, and hated all the shyte that went with it, I have to say that it comes NOWHERE near the Monaro even in its stock guise. So I gladly gave that car up to own something better 169144-ok.gif

Having been a passenger in Mose's and having heard that beast's exhaust on several other occasions, all I can do is give it major Respect and notworthy.gif. It's truly an awesome performance car and I don't care two sh!ts what badge she wears. Neither could I say that one car is 'better' than another (Monaro v Beemer, if you like) - It's just whichever floats your boat and you enjoy driving the most - It's that simple.

I'm naturally amused by the number plate!

963294-VauxMonaroVXR500_6_560PX.jpg

When I look at this pic above....I hear that V8 !! notworthy.gif

The sound is indelibly etched into my brain....Forever!!

post-10081-13791437809_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Having been a passenger in Mose's and having heard that beast's exhaust on several other occasions, all I can do is give it major Respect and notworthy.gif. It's truly an awesome performance car and I don't care two sh!ts what badge she wears. Neither could I say that one car is 'better' than another (Monaro v Beemer, if you like) - It's just whichever floats your boat and you enjoy driving the most - It's that simple.

I'm naturally amused by the number plate!

963294-VauxMonaroVXR500_6_560PX.jpg

When I look at this pic above....I hear that V8 !! notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, RedR.....

I never thought id advocate the 'ro over the M3 until this summer - ive been a passenger in an M3 on numerous occasions, and loved it, and think its a brilliant car. HOwever, after being in NZ, hearing all the 'ros and commodores, and then being a passenger in a Monaro and a HSV commodore, IMO the holdens just have a raw powerful feeling that stirs something up that the BMW didn't do for me. For the money as well... brilliant car, though unfortunately i can't comment on how it is to drive.