Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nicely

2.0 FSI or 2.0TDI

16 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

I'm looking to get a new A3, but not sure which engine to get, please help?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen good reviews of both engines........id say drive both see which you prefer.

I have driven the 2.0 FSI, but done of my local audi garages hjave the diesel to drive, which is cr#p!

So wondered if someone else can give me there thoughts?

Thanks

There was some discussion recently on the A2 forum about the FSi engines and seemingly if you like spirited driving it can hit fuel economy quite hard, whereas the TDi doesnt change a huge amount.

Personnally I'd go for the oil burner.

[ QUOTE ]

There was some discussion recently on the A2 forum about the FSi engines and seemingly if you like spirited driving it can hit fuel economy quite hard, whereas the TDi doesnt change a huge amount.

Personnally I'd go for the oil burner.

[/ QUOTE ]

SK, are you ok mate? Pete hasn't been giving you subliminal messages again?

I'm fine, this was my thinking:

FSi fairly new technology coupled with Audi service and dealer support - do I really want to risk this one - oil burner tried and tested so less chance of major upset.

[ QUOTE ]

Will your company allow you to chip it? If so get the diesel tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant chip them! which is a shame.

I think the diesel is my option!

Thanks

What are the stats like?

TDi 140 bhp v FSI 150bhp

Don't know the torque figures though

I have tried both the FSI and the Tdi, by far the best performer was the Tdi, the FSI was 'gutless', as biturbo says, you can chip the Tdi and have a bit more fun.

Wait a bit and get the Tdi Quattro.....

The FSI is ok for the namby pamby company car driver, good tax break, er..... thats about all I reckon.

Go for the diesel beerchug.gif

and Chris, more messages are on their way, we will soon have you in 'a diesel of fear'....

Go for the TDI mate, petrols have to be screaming to make power, the diesel might have less of it but its always under your foot and ready.

Just drove the TDI, and its alot better then the petrol, it had more life and is alot easier to get going!

A lot of the A2 drivers are saying that with teh 1.6FSi you have to rev it very hard to get the best from it, but then fuel economy begins to suffer. Also some are saying that off the line the FSi almost feels sluggish.

I'm chopping my A31.8TSport in and picking up my new A3 2.0TDi Sport on Saturday! The old petrol A3 has been giving me a major headache over the last 18-months with missfires, which the dealer cant fix, plus some bint re-arranged the nearside for me when pulling out of a side road without seeing me a couple of years ago.

A mate of mine whose son works for an Audi dealer in Middlesbro said to stear well clear of the 2.0FSi. He'd only sold about one of them, whereas he can't get hold of the oil burners quick enough!

It's a lean burn engine, which requires Super Unleaded to get anything out of it. Also the torque curve is very flat, whereas the TDi is very torquey. The 0-60 is about the same, top speed about the same. That does not mean much; it's the torque your getting. It has the same torque as the 3.2 V6 petrol version.

Rigman rocketwhore.gif

Welcome Rigman.... and welcome to the darkside...

Now that you have some very useful torque, nowzabout considering a re-map...

My 130 has been transformed, go embarass a few S3's......

I drove the Tdi and was impressed, whereas the FSI is a bit like a damp weekend in Skegness ! frown.gif