Venice Hotels

Mollox

They both look nice....just very...traditional.

Are there any modern hotels in Venice or am I missing the point?

Heard about the taxi boats - do you have to book them in advance? Know if there are any details online? Also, going in December - is a taxi boat a stupid idea?

Ta 169144-ok.gif

p.s. Daz any ideas on rates for the hotel you mentioned?

Sorry don't know of any others. A contemporary hotel might be missing the point.

I'm sure once you've booked a hotel they can sort out the taxi. If you don't want to do that there are definately taxis at the airport in the summer (been the in August and September) but I'm not sure about December.

[ QUOTE ]

They both look nice....just very...traditional.

Are there any modern hotels in Venice or am I missing the point?

Heard about the taxi boats - do you have to book them in advance? Know if there are any details online? Also, going in December - is a taxi boat a stupid idea?

Ta 169144-ok.gif

p.s. Daz any ideas on rates for the hotel you mentioned?

[/ QUOTE ]

We spent a long week-end here last year, which was very central, and accessible directly by water taxi from the airport. Very traditional, but I think that's the point. Didn't come across any contemporary hotels as such, but they might exist grin.gif

We didn't pre-book the water taxi, just went to the booking desk at the airport on arrival. This was in May, and we had no problem getting one, so would have thought you'd be fine in December, though would imagine it'd be pretty chilly so sit inside, or wrap up warm!

HTH

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Been to Lido Di Jesolo a couple of times which is nice enough (our hotel OK but a bit basic) and has a great beach. Venice itself is lovely, but lacking in contemporary (and affordable!) hotels I think. Beware going there in mid-summer - it can get a bit whiffy on a hot day. Not sure about water taxi's but water-buses easy hop-on/hop-off and Gondola's fun but expensive. Oh, and whatever you do, buy a good map!

Mollox, in fact, I think I was there when I spoke to you for the first time to ask something about the BM-LM trip!

(That was the day that my Father-in-Law decided he could navigate from the quayside at St. Marks Square over to the whatever-it's-called-but-very-famous bridge without a map, and managed to get us all completely lost)

• 2 weeks later...