Palmer Sport day at Bedford Autodrome

Scotty

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Pincher wrote:

[ QUOTE ]

Top review Scotty - and well done on your placing (sometimes it's more satisfying to come second wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not satisfying to come second twice! smashfreakB.gif

Since my last review of the Palmersport day they've dropped the 350Z and replaced it with a Jag XKR.

Here's a quick update after my visit on 16/11/07.

The Jag XKR was fun and a whole lock more chuckable than I expected but the computer intrusion is imense. You only get full power (420bhp) when the steering wheel is straight so coming out of bends is frustraiting. It makes you take bends at a wierd approach so you can come out straight.

I also proved what the instructor told me. You can't get them round past 45degrees. I guess if you disable everything you can but not with the setup we had. I guess it was just as well grin.gif

Again it was a top day out although the low sun at this time of year nearly killed me. I was flying down a long straight in 4th gear and totally missed the brake board and bend due to heading into the sun. After a four wheel lock up I stopped about 15 feet from the tyre wall. At about 50 feet I was already convinced I was going to get hurt but it slowed down rapidly. Thank feck for run off areas! crazy.gif

My ranking of cars for fun/thrills is :

JP1

Formula Palmer Audi

Caterham

Clio

Porsche 911

Jag XKR

Land Rover

ECLIPSe.gif