F430 Spyder VS. Gallardo Spider

Woppum

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Graham.

Wopps, good review. I thought maybe you had swallowed a dictionary with your use of the word mellifluous. Nothing else in the world of language exotica in there so is it word of the week? wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No No No No No. Mellifluous has always been my favorite word. On a first date a question that often pops up is, whats your favorite word. Girls like words, I like boobs but im open minded and can join in and in turn hopefully they will too. Mellifluous always wows them, and you can say it in quite a sensual way too.

Word of the week ha.gif Sit on it! the_finger.gifwink.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wopps, is that you in the photos???

What on EARTH is going on there???

tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No thats not me. Thants my little brother, He came to take the lambo for a spin too. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope he got it back before midnight wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That jacket is the ticket actually. Its jackets like that with a certain theme (drummer boy in this case) thats set the inspiration for high street fashion as we know it. Someone has to have the balls to wear it 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...and what about the jeans? crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The guy who owns our company has a 430 and no doubt it is a good car, however everyone who has been a passenger in it notices 'the look' you get when driving past in it.

However with a Gallardo people appear to admire it more, and the Spyder is just the pinnacle of that. and the noise, Granted at certain band widths the 430 sounds great but out on open roads the Gallardo sounds phenomenal and better than any Ferari V8.

With regards to your comments on the interior Wopps, you do know that the '07 Gallardo's will have bespoke switchgear, not Audi bin parts if you want a little more exclusivity and feel to make the interior even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry I will never agree about the noise of the Gallardo, the F430 noise is just in another league IMO.

I do know bespoke switch gear will be added however that does little to attract. Where the Lambos clean looks may be more ergonomic, they also IMO look a little trying and in turn less classy than the Fezzas. I can see the appeal of both but as someone who wants a real drivers car, the Ferrari wins hands down...

[/ QUOTE ]

Each to their ownWopps, each to their own. Has your mum gone completely off the idea of changing cars then?

[/ QUOTE ]

No not at all. She has the GTC coming any day now, and dosent want to change everything now as then there will be nothing too look forward too (its a hard world tongue.gif). She likes the Gallardo and will probably go for it next time round, but she needs a bit of time to enjoy the fezza first.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That my bum chum eric. He spends most his days playing vollyball. But he did take the day out to give me a hand with this car 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know - maybe that means something different to you lot over there... yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

'Fraid not Rachel; be worried, be very worried.... UHOH7.GIF

Worse, the bum chum wants to give him a hand ... and his name is Eric!

LOL at your reply to me Woppum. I have to say the "favourite word" topic has never come up on any of my first dates. However your first dates might be different to mine from the look of the statement above: maybe two men have different first date conversations than a man and a woman.

Look I know most you men fancy me, except soulboy as we are brothers, but I dont actually swing both ways. Bum chum simply means eric and often have a curry together or play a bit of pro evo. It has nothing to do with playing Samurai!

So you will have to look elsewhere for cock! the_finger.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Wopps, that is some review, I am seriously impressed!

You sure you didn't lift it from Evo? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The pedals are stupid! The throttle is very far over to the left

[/ QUOTE ]

So very Evo. Last thing those professional car driving journalists would want to be able to do is heel and toe properly. grin.gif

Interesting review.

I have been thinking of going the other way to your mum.

The Ferrari is more lively at lower speeds. The Lambo comes alive as you approach 30/40, and start to give it some stick. (Its not dull below that, but its not on the edge either. Huge wheels, 4WD, low stance, short overhangs, etc make it very stable.)

That can be a plus or a negative. Regular driving most people will probably prefer the Lambo. One of or weekend driving, the Ferrari's lively from startup feeling might be better.

The nose is very low on the Lambo. But its not the main useability problem. Since there is a metal plate under the car to protect it from scrapes (thats what your hearing scrape, not the spoiler). Also there is an optional lifting system (might be standard in 07).

The majore useability issues are the trunk space and turning circle.

I don't find either interior perfect. Lambo's is very comfortable, functional packed with toys. But to much Audi influence for an "exotic". The Ferraris is more bespoke but loses on all the other points to the Lambo IMO. Neither is good enough for a 100k+ car IMO.

In convertible form I prefer the Lambo hands down. Too many akward bits on the F430 in comparrison to my eyes.

In coupe form I can't really choose between them. I've always liked the 360 design. And now that i've got used to it, I think the 430 moves it on. Not sure about the back end on either car. Depending on the angle I'm looking at them I tend to swing between preferring one or the other.

Noise isn't a major issue. If you like the Ferrari blatt, you can always tubi the Gallardo.

My main sticking point with the 430 is how much it looks like the 360. Beautifull as it is, being based on a 8 year old design its lost some of that fresh/wow factor for me.

Perhaps thats because I spend alot of time in London and have seen 360's regularly over the years.

For the first time in a long while I find myself more attracted to Ferrari's V12 offering.

Maybe I'm just getting old frown.gif.

BTW thats the colour I'm thinking about if I buy the Gallardo Spyder. Only with Red or Orange Interior.

Like you I'm a bit double minded if its too reserved for the Lambo. Orange maybe? smile.gif

Was thinking about Titanium and Red for the 430. But would probably bottle out and get Red if I go that way.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW thats the colour I'm thinking about if I buy the Gallardo Spyder. Only with Red or Orange Interior.

Like you I'm a bit double minded if its too reserved for the Lambo. Orange maybe? smile.gif

Was thinking about Titanium and Red for the 430. But would probably bottle out and get Red if I go that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I was looking forward to your reply. I take it you have driven both if you are daying the Ferrari is more livly at lower speeds. The noise with the Tubi isnt quite so simple as the Gallardo Spyder apparently (according to Hudsons) has one as standard as Lambo got fed up with customers changing. However there are a few options for aftermarket apparently. None will offer the V8 burble of the Ferrari as the V10 is very clattery in comparison. However I would say alot of people may prefer the Lambo's shriek, but I like the burble.

Im surprised you didnt comment on the heavy steering. Do you think it could be different on the spyder?

And what are you leaning towards, Fezza or Lambo again~? 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I was looking forward to your reply. I take it you have driven both if you are daying the Ferrari is more livly at lower speeds. The noise with the Tubi isnt quite so simple as the Gallardo Spyder apparently (according to Hudsons) has one as standard as Lambo got fed up with customers changing. However there are a few options for aftermarket apparently. None will offer the V8 burble of the Ferrari as the V10 is very clattery in comparison. However I would say alot of people may prefer the Lambo's shriek, but I like the burble.

Im surprised you didnt comment on the heavy steering. Do you think it could be different on the spyder?

And what are you leaning towards, Fezza or Lambo again~? 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WRT the exhaust, all Lambo have effectively done is changed the Exhaust system on the 06+. Thats basically where the extra 20bhp comes from apparently (not engine mods).

You can still change it like the original exhaust. Its just that very few have wanted to since most apparently like this one. Seems Lambo listened to the customers.

They have always been touchy about customers changing exhaust systems. Which maybe what Hudsons were talking about. As time has gone by they have become stricter on warranty claims if a modofied/changed exhaust could be blamed.

Which has meant you really have to get whoever services the car to change the exhaust. They're more expensive, but won't kick up a fuss if you need to make a warranty claim.

Since I've been driving a Gallardo for two years the steering doesn't feel heavy to me. The 06 (spyder and coupe are mechanically the same) has a faster steering rack, which makes it feel sharper then the previous models.

Neither is heavy IMO. But I guess I can see why you may feel they are coming from the Ferrari. But being 4WD its never going to be as light as the Ferrari.

I've only had a short drive in a friends manual 430. Still haven't had a propper test drive.

Works been taking up most of my time recently, so haven't moved on much in my decision process.

Spyder I'm leaning towards Gallardo. Coupe Ferrari. But I turn 30 next year, and am thinking maybe a LP640 might better aleviate the pain of leaving my 20's behind confused.gif

The 640 would be the obvious choise if it wasnt for the size of it. Hudsons have one of the first ones coming through which is advertised at circa 220-240k but I think the general consensus is the waiting time will be no longer than 6mnths so why bother...

Its worth a proper try in a 430, my personal impression was its the better car. However I bet you have had little trouble with the Lambo. I cant quite say the same about the 430...