TVR Cerbera 4.0 (1999) - After some advice....

kn0bby

Hi Guys

I am very new to TVR's and am looking to purchase a TVR Cerbera 4.0 (1999), its the 5 speed model, its done 26k with a Full TSR dealer service history. This car is up for £15,000 can anyone please offer me some advice on the price and resale please, i only plan to keep the car for a few months as i have a company car coming in the new year so would sell the TVR before this time. Anything to look out for, are they very very unreliable?

Thanks in advance

Knobby.

£15000 isn't a bad price for one so provided you keep the thing serviced if you heap the miles on there is no reason you will lose anything!

The finish of these cars isn't the best but they are bolted together well where it matters from the late ninties on.

Look for hidden engine problems disguised by removed bulbs, poorly repaired accident damage (rear wings and bottom of front bumper)

Check for major oil leaks or smokeyness, the usual things to look for when buying a car.

Provided they are regularly serviced and fixed rather than bodged when they do break you shouldn't have any hassle.