RNS-E into RS6 in the UK

I haven't managed to find a post where someone has done this exact thing. I've found a post on www.navplus.us where someone did it to a US RS6, but the difference is that they don't come with the RNS-D system already fitted. My RS6 comes with the CD-based RNS-D and I'm thinking of changing it to an RNS-E unit.

So my question is this, since the RNS-D already has TV functionality and therefore presumably a TV tuner is fitted, does the RNS-E use the same TV tuner, or will I have to buy a new one or lose TV functionality?

Oh, and this site is kinda UK based isn't it? It's tricky to tell!

Thanks

You will need a new TV tuner as the RNS-D is a B tuner and the RNS-E is a C tuner. They are plug and play at the tuner end, but different models. At the RNS-E end yo uwill need to remove the 10 pin round connector and re wire it to the 32pin connector.

Checkout he RS6 pics in my gallery with RNS-E, TV, TV in motion , bluetooth and media player

[ QUOTE ]

You will need a new TV tuner as the RNS-D is a B tuner and the RNS-E is a C tuner. They are plug and play at the tuner end, but different models. At the RNS-E end yo uwill need to remove the 10 pin round connector and re wire it to the 32pin connector.

Checkout he RS6 pics in my gallery with RNS-E, TV, TV in motion , bluetooth and media player

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig does that mean I can purchase B tuner and just change connector plug to work with 06 RNS-E.

[ QUOTE ]

You will need a new TV tuner as the RNS-D is a B tuner and the RNS-E is a C tuner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah! Thanks for the info. Are these tuners expensive? Can I trade in/sell my old one?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha, superb. Shame the photos are so dark though. The nav screen gives the game away as to where you live! I'm not so far from there, perhaps 15 miles.

So given that I've already got the RNS-D, is the upgrade worth it? I think the SD slots would be very useful (even though I've got a Phatnoise fitted). I'd be hopeful of creating a bluetooth handsfree, integrated with the RNS-E too.

[ QUOTE ]

I have indeed! No significant problems, but yes, you do need to swap the tuner in order to maintain TV operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers guys! I notice you have a phatnoise installed. I've just taken mine out of my old S4, to put into the RS6 and found that it's an extremely tight fit to get it into the RS6 compared to the S4. Is this the case or am I doing something wrong? It seems like I might have to bend the frame to get it in.