Gears of War - 360

Newbie123

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and I have to say it's worth reading the manual, as you can actually issue commands to your squad which it doesn't mention on the training mission. i.e they will go defensive or offensive or hold position for short periods of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really.. what in single player mode?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and I have to say it's worth reading the manual, as you can actually issue commands to your squad which it doesn't mention on the training mission. i.e they will go defensive or offensive or hold position for short periods of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really.. what in single player mode?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I think from memory you have to hold the left bumber button and then press A, B or Y . It definately mentions it.

In mulitplayer commands are apparently issued via your headset as only teammates can hear you (although I haven't tested that yet as I haven't been on live with it yet)

[ QUOTE ]

Got past that bastard, three fecking doors though smashfreakB.gif and then you have to plant that doom thing on him. smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mate that was easy. Only took me about three attempts. Its hood as it taught me how to barol roll out the way. I think this game is a keeper! 169144-ok.gif

Haven't been able to do on-line yet. For some reason when searching I can never connect to people...

[ QUOTE ]

Got past that bastard, three fecking doors though smashfreakB.gif and then you have to plant that doom thing on him. smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice 169144-ok.gif

Onto the third chapter now and I have to say the game just gets better and better. This third chapter is seriously tense sekret.gif , the way they use the sound effects and the rumble on the controller is just sublime notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

the way they use the sound effects and the rumble on the controller is just sublime notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, must admit that that is great.. it really helps the tension to rise. And the noise the enemies make can make your spine tingle when they are close..

certainly a good game 169144-ok.gif (not convinced it's Tomb Raider great yet, but got a long way to go)

[ QUOTE ]

not convinced it's Tomb Raider great yet, but got a long way to go)

[/ QUOTE ]

iamwithstupid.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Im comparing it with the likes of Doom, Quake 4, Prey and Halo with a little bit of Max Payne thrown in. Ive got to say it is meeting expectations. Sadly however it doesnt seem like its possible to do split screen live. In fact im still having trouble doing any Live!

I think what they have managed successfuly is to add extra controls, duck cover etc without over complicating. Ghost Recon for example was too complicated. Too many options to enjoy good, natural game play. This has the control of Halo, just you now have more to experience. Not sure if its the best game ever yet. Will have to play a bit more and experience what Live is like first...

Am trying to defeat RAAM on hardcore at the moment.

Anyone got any tips? After dying constantly over a two hour period, I was getting ready to eat the controller.

I'm forced to doing it solo as my broadband is messing about.

Have tried Torque bowing and snipering him in the head, hitting perfect active reloads and he still won't go down!!

HELP!!! confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

*Spoiler* Highlight below

<font color="white"> keep leading it through doors until you get to a big green house.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. This PC has an apple screen and you cant see what you wrote at all. Warning in advance do not buy. My massive Dell HD screen however has no problem picking it up! jump.gif