Gears of War - 360

Newbie123

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

got it out of blockbuster, whats the online play like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, ive played a bit online.

CO-OP is fantastic, the game is actually better playing COOP than single player.

Multiplayer is good, but very tactical. I like to run and gun, and it just doesn't work. You have to hide constantly. Its great for people who like to sit in the same hiding place for ages just to kill someone.

Ok, im at the final boss now and cant quite work it out. I can see you shoot him when the krill have left his side. However it doesnt seem to kill him. He always ends up next to me. I can see the light box as well where the krill cant get you. However he can!

Any tips? 169144-ok.gif

Woppum, gather you're playing him solo?

Have now beaten him a few times on hardcore, you don't need to move from the first barrier if done correctly.

Arm yourself with the torque bow, sniper rifle + some grenades. Start straight away by firing your torque bow at him, that clears the Kryll, quickly switch to sniper and hit him in the head, make sure you hit your active reload (for speed + the extra damage it does) and do it again. Do this until the kryll return, then repeat. Nearly everytime I've done this he's died before reaching me. The only time he did, I blind tossed 2 or 3 grenades over the barrier and it finished him off. 169144-ok.gif

Obviously if you've got someone with you then it's a lot easier, one of you torque bow the other sniper.

Yes you can & IMHO the Sniper and Torque bow are the best way.

If you don’t have the Torque Bow (I did not at first )

Use load previous chapter option from the menu

Select Act 5

Select Pale horse

This will wipe your checkpoint and you will start in the same place (the last rail car) with the Torque bow in your possession (it did on my Xbox360 anyway).

Then you pick up the sniper riffle next to the ammo crate from the rail car floor just make sure you have the lancer machinegun in your hand so you swap the machine gun for the sniper riffle.

Sniper and Torque bow is how I did it (once I used the Trika turret at the front of the train to finish him off due to some bad shots & to see if it was worth using)

You need to make full use over the cover system in this game that's for sure!

Am doing a run through on insane with a friend at the mo. It's rock hard in places, but sooo satisfying as well.

Some of the battles leave you feeling physically worn out.

It's what the games all about though, and probaly why I'm not minding a third run through..

jump.gif