Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RossG

Another wierd noise...

31 posts in this topic

Its a tough one Ross and i can totally understand where your coming from, i think ours are the most unreliable .:R's out there, i have lost count of all the things that have gone wrong and if i were to do a list of things changed and replaced, it would be a real shocker...

Probably deep down you know you should get rid or at least thats "proabably" what i should do, tho i have a few personal reasons why the car is staying for now, she means alot to me ya see grin.gif but as you say when she works, she is quite frankly awesome...and that moment is just special. 169144-ok.gif

What would my advice be, or what would i do....fix it and enjoy it cool.gifsmile.gifgrin.gif

169144-ok.gif

Reading this mate it reminds me of the polo. Spent a fortune - decided to keep it. Spent a fortune - decided to keep it. Spent a fortune, bought new alloys, decided to keep it - gearbox went bang - decided to get rid.

As you know I've gone into the land of warranty's, fords and diesels - much against my will - but the security is worth it.

You can still get something pretty zippy - and then spend the money you save on a remap 169144-ok.gif Leon FR TDi and a remap?

Shame you're having so much bother with the car Ross if you decide to fix it should'nt have any bother at Bedrock used them loads of times alway's provide excellent service and there a nice bunch of guy's . 169144-ok.gif

For anyone that's interested - I've just got back from a 360 mile trip to visit friends up Inverness way.

The car was brilliant. Cruised gently up the A9 at 85 ish, did't even change out of 6th for most overtakes, and had a couple of blasts into the 120+ world.

If anything, the noise now seems a wee bit less ovbious - and the suspension isn't clunking half as much either.

Only thing is, the brake pad warning light came on. It's going to be an expensive week - new tyres, new discs and new pads - plus a session at the garage to explore the suspension clunk and establish whether it is the broken spring as suggested above.

Ah well, when it works, like this weekend, it's sublime.

Until the next time... R32 ownership is certainly an emotional roller coaster jump.gif

Let's hope the noise has cured itself jump.gif

I always find turning the radio up makes the noise go away grin.gif

I'm begining to agree that's a very very good plan of action. grin.gif

Seriously though, it's trips like this that cars like these are made for. The A9 is stunning - and the ability to overtake with just a flick of the ankle - bam 60 - 100 with huge ease just makes the trip so much more relaxing.

Currently, the car is back in my good books.

Mind you, just ordered new OE discs and pads from the old ebay - so the credit card's a wee bit hot jump.gif

It's only money. That's what ended up saying to my pal, who couldn't for the life of him work out why we had brought our own, very thirsty car all the way instead of the uber frugal company Megane ROLLEY~14.GIFjump.gif

Some people just don't get it 169144-ok.gif