--New Octavia vRS--

Darkside

[ QUOTE ]

Well mine is ex demo, 55 plate (jan 06) 4000 miles, with £1200 eof extras and is £3500 less than new price with its current spec.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good !!! I'll be watching the prices over the next 12 months, to see if they take the normal Skoda drop, or if they hold their value a bit better and shrug off the traditional Skoad depreciation.

smile.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good choice darkside. 169144-ok.gif

Although it's obviously the same engine and much the same running gear, the Golf is that bit smaller, that bit more nimble, so not surprising it feels a little quicker.

But the Octavia is a stonkingly good car, definitely better value for money, more practical, cheaper to run, and you have fantastic Skoda dealer customer service to fall back on.

All round, especially on an ex-demo versus new, you have a great deal on a genuinely good car. Depreciation in percentage terms will be harsh, but I think that is more than balanced by the initial value for money compared to a similar VW/Audi.

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing to watch on Skodas is there future price. Not as good as VW / Audi as they still suffer, undeservedly, from the Skoda name / snobbery issue.

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not strictly true. The popular used Skoda's such as 2003 Octavia 1.9TDI Elegance Estates fetch about 1/2 of their initial value as a part ex. Earlier Octavia vRS are still worth more than a 1/2 of their initial value after 4 years on a forecourt.

The less desirable models will feel a bit of a hit like the Classic Octavia's or the SDi engined stuff.

Enjoy your new Octavia vRS!

[ QUOTE ]

What do you drive

[/ QUOTE ]

A car made by a company who's name is not synonymous with car jokes.

[ QUOTE ]

Also how much did you pay for the vehicle?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot less than the list price because I am a sensible chap.

By the way I retract my last point, Skodas should not be brought by people with kids. The reason being is that playground kudos matters to children, a Skoda is not likely to have any.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But the brand is not synonymous with jokes amongst children now, it is just us that remember the bad old days of Skoda. I would quite happily own one, safe in the knowledge that I have a quality car for a bargain price.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What do you drive

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Also how much did you pay for the vehicle?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot less than the list price because I am a sensible chap.

By the way I retract my last point, Skodas should not be brought by people with kids. The reason being is that playground kudos matters to children, a Skoda is not likely to have any.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of pillock statement is that!?!?!?! openfire.gif

I drive an Audi A8, and a company Volvo S60. I would gladly swap the Volvo for a Skoda, and if I wanted to sell the A8 and buy something cheaper to run, then a Skoda is most definitely on the list the_finger.gif

Skoda used to be the buttcheeks.gif of everyones jokes, however these past few years have certainly seen a change in fortune for Skoda. The police use them as pursuit and undercover cars for crying out loud!! And not because they're cheap slap.gif

Lets face it, its got a VAG engine, VAG body panels, its made int eh same country as many VW's.......

Its a VW by another name.

Plus they're fecking quick.

Whats the little one called? the VRs jobbie?

One of those was giving the A4 a good run for its money the other day..... (2.0T Quattro).

Quite fancy one!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'd only by a Skoda if I was married with kids. If you for any reason need a car that will impress avoid them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well reasoned - not. Cracking cars for the money and rapidly gaining kudos amongst the better informed

[/ QUOTE ]

2-1 to Mr Hotdog, I agree with him completely. The only people that knock 'em don't know much about motors.

Skoda have come a long long way and I think they are cracking cars - great value, well built etc. They aren't to my taste in looks - I just can't get on with the front grill/lights for example, but to slate a car for the hell of it seems wrong.

I've been in many Skodas. A mate at work has a vRS Octavia and I think it's very nice. Sure, the finish isn't quite as good as other brands, but most people can see over that. What you get for the money is fantastic and other car brands should take note.

There are far far worse cars than a Skoda and I'd take one over any Peugeot/Renault/Citroen/Ford/Nissan etc...