--New Octavia vRS--

Darkside

It'd be a Skoda for me too, given the choice.

Without wishing to offend anyone, but there is a certain type of person tends to buy Audis..(I'm not saying all Audi drivers are like this! What I'm saying is people like this always buy Audis! "Normal" people who drive Audis are cool)

They are similar to Beemer drivers but think Beemers are for "common" people.

Their Audis are the cars that'll pull out in front of you causing you to swerve, they cut you up at junctions, they steal the parking space you were just going to pull into. They never use indicators and never stick to speed limits. They are driven with a "f*ck you" attitude.

In other words they think they are superiour to everyone else on the road. They bleat on about how their cars are superiour to every other car on the road. They holiday at center parcs, own a tivo and have dinner parties where they chat about Audis. They'll have a custom built kitchen and shop at John Lewis. They'll live in an "executive" house and employ a cleaner as vacuuming is for "common people". They'll drink only bottled water and eat only "organic" food. They will tell you that global warming is a myth and be "luvvy" Neu Labour voters.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Without wishing to offend anyone, but there is a certain type of person tends to buy Audis..(I'm not saying all Audi drivers are like this! What I'm saying is people like this always buy Audis! "Normal" people who drive Audis are cool)

Their Audis are the cars that'll pull out in front of you causing you to swerve, they cut you up at junctions, they steal the parking space you were just going to pull into. They never use indicators and never stick to speed limits. They are driven with a "f*ck you" attitude.

In other words they think they are superiour to everyone else on the road. They bleat on about how their cars are superiour to every other car on the road. They holiday at center parcs, own a tivo and have dinner parties where they chat about Audis. They'll have a custom built kitchen and shop at John Lewis. They'll live in an "executive" house and employ a cleaner as vacuuming is for "common people". They'll drink only bottled water and eat only "organic" food. They will tell you that global warming is a myth and be "luvvy" Neu Labour voters.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a fecking idiotic stereotyped view. The above may be true inside your mind but I doubt even a significant percentage of Audi owners fit your profile.

It's like me saying all people registered in internet forums with the name Barry are twats. It might be true in one or two cases but I doubt they all are.

Once you can judge people as individuals and not perceive what they're about from the type of car they have, then you may understand what Tyresmoke is about.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a very nice chip you have on the shoulder of yours. UHOH7.GIFsuicide.gifcoffee.gif

I had a look at one recently they are nice.

What you going to go for the Sparky ? I'm 18months away from choosing what to get next be as I have petrol in my veins I'm already thinking about it.

Something quick... for everyday use or a diesel and a track car or something nearly new. grin.gif Who knows I know I don't yet. smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.................and amazingly accurate. ECLIPSe.gif

The rest was pretty much spot on as well, except I'm not a Labour voter. 1.gif123576-assfeck.gif

I'm going to get a virtual kicking here.....

I don't think I shall be purchasing the vRS any more.

There are several reasons for this...

As a couple people have mentioned, the front grill is marmite, and I just can't acquire a taste for it. Maybe a honeycombe effect would have swayed me more. It just does not inspire me. Also a selected group of friends came to have a gander and said it looked like a Rover! I think it looks nice from the side and behind but the front I just could not fall in love with.

Also there was a 55 plate with 5000 miles with a few £'s of extras selling for £13,995 from a dealer. Thats over £4000 depreciation from new from a DEALER!

I'm now viewing my new car as "it's not what it costs, but what its worth when you sell it." After all a car is an investment.

I really tried to love it, I did, it IS a great car, it goes superbly and handles well for it's size, the interior was also agreeable.

I like it, but I want to love my car, every morning look at it and have no regrets, and sadly I don't think I could have done it with the Skoda.

Here's for the bit to rile everyone...I'm looking at Golf MK5 GTI's. Be kind.

Some interesting points here. Worth highlighting that the Fabia vRS has a higher real-world percentage retained value over 36 months than most Audis. The options list is long, but if you don't go too mad, you have cheap high performance motoring when worked out per mile. Anybody who tries to race one needs a fast car. As mentioned above, chipped examples fly - as long as you can get the power down cleanly!

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

Also there was a 55 plate with 5000 miles with a few £'s of extras selling for £13,995 from a dealer. Thats over £4000 depreciation from new from a DEALER!

[/ QUOTE ]

Working for a Skoda dealer myself, I can confirm that the price for that Octavia is extremely cheap, and a real bargain.

Normally Skoda's are very good at retaining value particulary the vRS and the nice diesel one's too.

Not buying a car because you don't like the look of it is nothing to be ashamed about, not buying a car because the badge isn't the right shape/colour, that's just sad.

Good luck with your GTi hunt

Also if anyone has any Skoda's they want to sell let me know!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a load of bollox. See a couple of the comments above. And no, I don't drive an Audi.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

The stereotype driver that Barry describes shouldn't specifically be associated with Audis. However they do exist, and just as many of them drive Audis as BMWs, Mercs, Range Rovers, Jags...

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Similarly, handsome people with good personalities and high IQs drive Berlingos.