Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timk

Airbags

11 posts in this topic

Random question this..

How many airbags did the Mk4 come with? Noticed for the first time yesterday they seem to be everywhere including the windscreen pillars and door pillars?! Is this standard? I know they are in the seats and dash aswell tongue.gif

it's standard, the R32 came with the Curtain Airbag option which was an upgrade on the 'normal' MkIV.

I know becuase when i was looking i wanted it on a GT'RedI' but as it was the end of the run all had been made and i couldn't spec the car. So i got the R instead.

[ QUOTE ]

it's standard, the R32 came with the Curtain Airbag option which was an upgrade on the 'normal' MkIV.

I know becuase when i was looking i wanted it on a GT'RedI' but as it was the end of the run all had been made and i couldn't spec the car. So i got the R instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was me thinking I had an extra high spec example... blush.gif

Thank feck for that. I thought you might be thinking of trying them out tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thank feck for that. I thought you might be thinking of trying them out tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well off topic I know - but repect has to go to you Mook for you signature and Avatar - couldn't agree more notworthy.gif169144-ok.gif

It's all too easy to see or hear the ceremonies on 11th November and just think that it affects someone else, but 11th November isn't just about people who lost their lives in WW1 and WW2, it's about everyone, right up to today's utter farce in Iraq.

Feel free to add it to your own sig if you want. The URL is http://mook.org.uk/tsn/mook-poppy.gif - just add it to your profile.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It's all too easy to see or hear the ceremonies on 11th November and just think that it affects someone else, but 11th November isn't just about people who lost their lives in WW1 and WW2, it's about everyone, right up to today's utter farce in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

For me it's the 1st Gulf War.

I was 12 years old when I was evacuted (seems like such a silly word - but we were) from Riyadh - but my Dad stayed behind, partly because he was a warden at the embassy and was responsible for helping other people if things went Pete Tong, and partly because his work need him.

I will never forget the fear that I didn't know what was going to happen, and if I would ever see him again.

I then remembered the soldiers that I met during that autumn and over the Christmas - we had various levels of social involvement, especially over Christmas as the local community rallied round - and thought how much more difficult it must be for them and their families sitting at home.

I think we often forget the sacrifices that our armed forces make. Buying a few poppies is the least we can do crazy.gif

I'm sure the .:R has 8 airbags... 169144-ok.gif

Slighty different topic...

[ QUOTE ]

I think we often forget the sacrifices that our armed forces make.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are quite right, and i often feel there isn't enough respect for us or people don't understand that one of the reasons they have the right to the freedom today is that men gaves there lives for this country!! I was only 19 when i was rolling about in the sand in 2003 grin.gif and people often forget what i have been and done, not that it matters. But i will and so will the rest of my unit be paying our respects next sunday, followed by some good old beerchug.gif drinking. And if any one fancies buying me a pint you just go right ahead, you chaps are sleeping safely at night when there is peeps sekret.gif out there working....

169144-ok.gif