HELP!!

xspencex

Major melt down..

My laptop has had a melt down.. When starting up Windows had taken a long time.... no it needs the boot disc to work .. no media plays right and the wireless has gone down.. I have anti - virus software etc but that hasn't found anything.. seems like a hardware problem... any advice?

I've got back ups of files etc..can anyone tell me how to wipe the hard drive/system altogether..?

Cheers

Al crazy.gif

Have you tired spyware on it. Spybot - adaware. However it does appear to be a bit sick.

Have you totally shut it down and taken the battery out and left if for a few minutes ?

If you do want to reinstall it. Put an XP / 2000 disk in the drive and it will boot to it (if its before the HD in the bbot list) Follow the menu and you will be able to reformat the machine and start the process of rebuilding it if thats what you want to do. It is often good practice to do this anyway as it gets ride of all the rubbish the system collects.

But do check that you have got the backups and they work if its important date before you start. 169144-ok.gif