Binnnngggg and brake warning

TyreA4C

Here are a couple of problems that you might be able to help with:

Brake warning lights:

On occasions the main brake light "big screen" version (but no accompanying message) and sometimes a flashing handbrake warning light spring to life when the car is “cold”. It’s not the brake level and does not occur after pulling away. I checked the brake fluid level and found that the dealer had overfilled it. When the dealer was sorting this out they also rerouted cables around the battery to try and stop the problem. Fat chance, they still flash at me – sometimes even together! Has anyone experienced this and how was it sorted?

Binnnnnggggg:

Heres an odd one. After about an hour of driving down the M4 (through the roadworks at 40mph) I got a “Binnnnnggggg” note from somewhere (about 1 second duration) – no message or any other clue to what might be the cause. Later on at a higher speed, “Binnnnnggggg” there it went again and so it went on for another occasion. I turned the radio off which seemed to silence it but if it was coming from the radio, why? What else could it be? The speed warning indicators were off and no sign of an issue from the DIS or other lights.

I am starting to wonder if I should have brought this car confused.gif