Ordered Candy White GTI

Vman

I have been on this site since about November 2005 and have now finally got enough pennies to order my Golf GTI to the spec I want:

DSG gearbox

Candy White (brave I know, but it looks great)

18inch Monza Alloys

Electric folding mirrors and surrounding area lighting

DVD sat nav

Xenon Headlights

Cruise control

Rear tinted windows

Delivery is for March on an 07 plate, I contacted the dealer I am getting the car from and am changing the Cruise control to the multi-fuction steering wheel as it says that cruise comes with which I did not know. I cannot wait to get it, could any of you Candy white owners post some pics to keep me going please.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations Vman beerchug.gif

Great colour especialy with the 18"s. I ordered the same combo in 2005 but unfortunatley due to change in circumstances had to cancel frown.gif

Good news is I ordered another new Gti a month ago. I wasn't quite as brave this time though as I have ordered a Reflex Silver with 17"s - I am going for more of a "Q car" look this time.

I assume the wait until March 2007 is to get the new 07 reg ? If so you have more patience than me!!! (Not difficult BTW).... I NEED A NEW GTi, I NEED IT BAD & I NEED IT NOW wink.gif

Mine is due Dec06/Jan07, I am trying not to think about it as the time seem's to be passsing so sloooowly.... Where's Dr Who when you need him sportifs2.gif

Looks cracking in Candy White. If I had my time again ... definitely would opt for White.

Black cars are a total pain to keep clean. And even then, wash it and you're against the stopwatch to chamosis the flippin' thing before you get water marks and all ... !!

Fortunately our black one is the wife's. Just give her a bucket and a step-ladder and off she goes (Land Rover, hence the ladder). the_finger.gif

Wax ??? thought that just making candles ... grin.gif

I must admit spending 1 to 2 hrs a week cleaning & polishing a car is not my idea of fun.

Scenario is as below:

(i) Buy new car

(ii) Look a Zymol or similar website get really excited instantly think i'm a going to be a "detailing GOD" wink.gif & convincing myself this is the one i'm going to really look after myself.

(iii) Realise after about a month that I realy cant be Ar**d spending that much time and effort on it.

(iv) Drive down to the local carwash for the remainder of the time I own the car & just enjoy driving it !!!

jump.gif

Lazerblue

I have been promised a March delivery time, but if it comes later I won't mind too much. I like reflex silver, good choice, but the girlfriend wanted me to get Candy white, my last car was silver and I thought it was the best colour to keep clean, I think white is going to be hard work.

Block

Thanks, some great pics there, they make white look very good. It does worry me keeping it clean, I am very concerned about the tar spots, are you able to remove them, or just put up with them? On the silver car I had, I use to wax that about once a month and that always looked great.

[ QUOTE ]

You can remove the tar spots easy enough just use a clay bar on it once every six months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looked into stuff to get my car spotless & perfect on some detailing sites-got some good advice but...

Decided that a claybar in the hands of an idiot like me could do more damage than good!!

In the end my steel grey car got supaguarded free-which was nice. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Decided that a claybar in the hands of an idiot like me could do more damage than good!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So long as you follow the instructions, I don't think you are likely to do any damage. Used one for the first time at the weekend, and the cars surface feels and looks so much better 169144-ok.gif