Vman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Is it normal for the GTI's to come with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 225/40-18 tyres as most seem to be either conti's or bridgestone. It just says in another post about tyres that some one has Dunlops and there's is an import. I am buying the car from a VW Dealer and he has not mentioned anything about it being an import although he did give me a pretty good discount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on the car. I was the poster who has the Dunlops on his new GTI (import). I still have no idea if the British cars are starting to come with Dunlops on. Does anyone else know?

By the way....my car is met. black, but I would have preferred white. When you buy an import, you save 3 grand but you don't get to chose between that many colours (they are always black, silver, grey and occasionally red or blue but NEVER white, damn it!).

[ QUOTE ]

Is it normal for the GTI's to come with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 225/40-18 tyres as most seem to be either conti's or bridgestone. It just says in another post about tyres that some one has Dunlops and there's is an import. I am buying the car from a VW Dealer and he has not mentioned anything about it being an import although he did give me a pretty good discount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe some cars are fitted with the Dunlops.

They are all imports in one way shape or form. 169144-ok.gif

I am a bit concerned it could be an import as some one mentioned about the rear side glass not having a bead round it like the imported cars. Do UK cars have a bead? Maybe I am just putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5!! I did ask the dealer when I ordered the car that it was a UK car and he said yes it was as they are, an offical VW dealer, but I do know a few VW dealers that have imported cars not through VW uk.

Hi Vman, yes, my 3-door has trim around the rear windows which I notice is missing on yours. But my car is 9 months old so I can't tell you whether this points to yours being an import or whether VW has just changed the spec on UK models. I'm sure someone on here will know though...

You said earlier in the thread that you got a "pretty good discount". Getting much of a discount from a main dealer would be rare on a GTI from what I understand unless policy has changed. Certainly when I ordered mine 11 months ago, all I could get locally was £500.

Yes, i went too look at an aniversary last night and can confirm that the rear window trim is now missing from uk cars. As mentioned by someone above it does look a little out of place on a lighter colour car but if they could get the fronts to match it would as a whole look better.

I have noticed on mine tho that black streaks can run from that rubber when the car has been sat in the rain so maybe its better to be rid of it. Oh and it'll be easier to wax round it. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Can someone please show me a photo of what were talking about as im confused. confused.gif

Discounts can be had on the GTI it just depends who your talking too at the time. Each dealer is different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snoopy, look on Vman's pics earlier on in the thread. If you look closely you'll notice the the rear windows don't have the black strip running along the bottom so they look smaller than normal.

169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...

Finally picked up my car yesterday, everything went ok, only the instructions to the sat nav in German instead of English, will contact dealer monday about that, oh and they register the car to me with the wrong first name!!! They are going to sort that one out!!

Here are a few pics of the car below.

DSCF0171m.jpg

DSCF0175M.jpg

DSCF0174M.jpg

DSCF0177M.jpg

I have washed the car and put 2 coats of AG extra gloss on, hopefully this will make cleaning it easier. I also asked the dealer about the auto lock on the doors and he said he would activate it with Vag-Com for free. But I got home and had a mess about in the highline computer and found that I can set it myself, great! Really happy with the car, glad I spent all that money on, as my brother in-law said I have worked really hard for it, especially as I am having some serious health problems.

Hi Vman - car looks superb, best of luck. I collected mine last week too, loving it.

Could you do me a favour and see do you have "Leaving Home" and "Lane Change flash" in your highline under the "Lights&Vision" settings menu?

I don't have these, I'm guessing the dealer didn't enable it or something.

I defo have the "leaving home fuction", it took me a while to figure out how to get it to work, but it is in the highline menu. I spent a while standing in the garage in the dark switching it on and watching the xenons light up, really looked cool, "how sad am I" As for the "Lane Change flash" I will have a look.

[ QUOTE ]

I defo have the "leaving home fuction", it took me a while to figure out how to get it to work, but it is in the highline menu. I spent a while standing in the garage in the dark switching it on and watching the xenons light up, really looked cool, "how sad am I" As for the "Lane Change flash" I will have a look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Superb looking car Vman, glad I'm not the only person to sit in the garage messing with the Highline grin.gif