Ordered Candy White GTI

Vman

[ QUOTE ]

And I'm still grinning after 19 months and 28,000 miles 169144-ok.gif

Word on the street is that White is THE fashionable colour for cars this year. I think it suits the Mk5 GTI better than most though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, white is the colour. My neighbour just took delivery of one of these in white:

1103361-0_-1054548107.jpg

post-13029-137914393469_thumb.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And I'm still grinning after 19 months and 28,000 miles 169144-ok.gif

Word on the street is that White is THE fashionable colour for cars this year. I think it suits the Mk5 GTI better than most though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, white is the colour. My neighbour just took delivery of one of these in white:

1103361-0_-1054548107.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I heart.gif white cars. I used to have a white MkV GTi, and would love a white 911, but I know I would get killed on the residuals smashfreakB.gif

Cayman looked stunning the other day when I first saw it in white. Looks very compact, and like the GTI in Candy White the paint was the same deep, glossy white - not like on an 80's Sierra if you know what I mean!

GTI's do look excellent in white - I regret my Tornado Red (but comfort myself in the knowledge the TSN has finally proved red GTI's are faster).

Indeed, Candy White is by far the best! Really shows the VW styling off. I’m looking for a 2nd hand white Gti but there just isn’t any!! Might just have to take the plunge and order a new one!

What sort of discount did you get? if you don’t mind me asking =]

Or is it just cheaper to get one imported?

Luck1ng

I have pm you with info on discount.

So far I have done just under 300 miles and the car is brilliant, I took it out the other night to get petrol and the xenons that I specced are well worth there money, these are the best headlights I have ever had on a car.

You haven't had driver's coming the other way flashing you due to your xenon's, have you?!

I was out on Sunday night and must have had about 6 flashes on country lanes - bumpy Hampshire roads + 18" monzas + xenon's = appear to be flashing lights at oncoming traffic!

No, not yet, but most of the roads I took where either motorway(unlit) or normal streets. We also have xenon's on our other car which is a Nissan Pathfinder and they really don't comapare. The Pathfinder does not seem to sine the light a long way down the road where as the GTI's do!

[ QUOTE ]

You haven't had driver's coming the other way flashing you due to your xenon's, have you?!

I was out on Sunday night and must have had about 6 flashes on country lanes - bumpy Hampshire roads + 18" monzas + xenon's = appear to be flashing lights at oncoming traffic!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had that a few weeks ago. Turned out, the lights were'nt adjusted properly from the factory. Dealer sorted it in 20 minutes. No more flashes from other drivers. 169144-ok.gif

I've never had any problems with my xenons. Not been flashed once and they light up a country lane at midnight like it was day time.

Also saw my first candy white GTi yesterday. Fortune favours the brave - looks stunning. Very 'clean' looking in terms of complimenting the design.

• 5 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Indeed, Candy White is by far the best!

What sort of discount did you get? if you don’t mind me asking =]

Or is it just cheaper to get one imported?

[/ QUOTE ] znaika.gif

Candy White is so beautiful, matches the xenons and the wheels, other colours are so really nice but the white is a perfect match.

I would order one a white GTI except for the fact I am lazy and would find it hard to keep it clean, When I had my MK IV Golf it was pearl Black and I had to wash it 3 times a week that almost killed me trying to keep it clean. BTW what prices are the dealers quoting? for a new GTI as my dealer would not budge on the price here is the spec I would like

DSG 3 DR

Xenons

Monza II 18"

Folding mirrors with reverse kerb view passengers side

Front Arm rest

Smoke Pack used for powering gadgets in the car as I dont smoke.

total £23,385

they said the GTI is sort after and would not give discount,

any PM's or advise would be Awesum. thank you very much notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifjump.gif