Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R32North

Must vent - VW - utter bag of s**** !!!!!!!!!!

33 posts in this topic

Need to vent to the whole of TSN my down right anger at this bloddy MKV GT TDi of mine...... after a whole bunch of issues that won't go away, some are getting worse (elec mirror going mad) the most annoying and the one that has pushed me over the edge just happened.

Just nipped down to the shops for a few supplies and on the way back up the seat belt beeper-bonger goes off, lights and messages pop up on the dash. I check the belt, its clipped in properly, so I pop it out and back in.

Do this 1/2 doezen times, still the bongers is going off..... drives me fecking mad on a normal day. Stop car, turn engine off and on, still no change.

Back to the dealers with this heap of s****. They get one chance to resolve ALL the issues otherwise its bye-bye MKV and bye-bye VW.

I'll be off to another brand, as this is the last straw - utter bag of complete crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I had that with a new shape golf i had on loan while mine was being fixed,i couldn't shut the bloody thing up! crazy.gif it sure can drive you bonkers and i only had it a day! ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

You need a Subaru mate... 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, a big 4x4 one so I can tow it off a cliff.

smile.gif

That's the good thing about Subaru. They look just as good after you've driven it off a cliff as it did before. tongue.gifgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Just nipped down to the shops for a few supplies and on the way back up the seat belt beeper-bonger goes off...

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't happen to have the said supplies on the passenger seat did you? coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Just nipped down to the shops for a few supplies and on the way back up the seat belt beeper-bonger goes off...

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't happen to have the said supplies on the passenger seat did you? coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Maybe.

LOL - I think we'd have both been better off holding onto that wee Fabia grin.gif

Sorry to hear about the troubles - not what you want 169144-ok.gif

I've had 2 MK4 Golfs (still have one)and had nothing but trouble with them - I never went more than 3 weeks without something breaking - quite shocking, considering their not exactly a 'cheap car'

Hmm, stay away from anything French if you think the VW is bad the French stuff will shock you even more.

What about a nice A4 TDi? Octavia vRS TDi?

Sorry to say it but having read through your other posts on the VW forum it does sound like a bit of a lemon. ( unless you did have your shopping on the passenger seat ! )

I have the same car as you, MkV 2,0TDi 4Mo and in 7000 miles in one years ownership I have had no problems at all.

I have also owned a Mk4 Gti for 4 years that was utterly reliable and also 2 x Mk2 Gti 16v that also never missed a beat. That's is why I still buy VW cars.

All manufacturers produce a lemon now and again, sounds as if you have been very unlucky.

Feel for you mate.

Just got My beetle back today - Been away for 4 weeks, this was to repair the stuff they didnt do when they had the car for the last 7 weeks.......

Anyway I've had the car 3 weeks in total with its new roof - the new roof is disgusting, its filthy - but it wasnt them that did it!!! Glass scratched - wont replace it unless I can prove it wasnt scratched before!! ANd it appears they managed to clock up nealt 700 miles in test drives blush.gif

I'm not happy - rang VW uk - they couldnt comment because the dealer hadnt rang them and they would wait till the dealer called......

Thats bad news to hear, it makes me feel quite angry when i see that peoples "new" cars are giving them problems. Even more so when they have had them "fixed" and problems persist.

I hope you managed to get it sorted, if you choose a new car in the near future maybe pick another brand. VW certantly dont have a reputation for building reliable or well built cars for the last 6-8 yrs.

I'm with you on that sixdegrees!!!!

I have a PAssat TDI that I bought 2.5 years ago (was second hand though but had low miles) as I had liked them for a while and thought it would be reliable but has given me nothing but greif and has cost a fortune and I don't think the MPG is that good anyway!! frown.gif

I am looking at a Audi A6 2.5TDI, I know the MPG is going to be worse but I am not sure I care as long as the reliability is better only I have even less money now so this has a higher mileage butI just hope it is more reliable. confused.gif

F*****G VW's whats happened to them???

Although, could be just down to the lemon syndrome as above!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm, stay away from anything French if you think the VW is bad the French stuff will shock you even more.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my 20+ years of driving 1/2 of the time has been spent with French cars... 2 Xantia's and 1 Megane (Well the Megane was the wife's tongue.gif). None ever gave me any remote levels of grief, in fact the Xantias were in retrospect the best cars I ever owned. Thats almost 10 years hassle free driving!

Put into context my other cars were: (a) A Reg Metro Turbo - I used to self service this every month tongue.gif (b) E Reg 16v Jetta - 2 gearboxes! © J Reg 2.0l Astra - one recall for wipers (d) W Reg 1.8 Celica - nothing went wrong (e) 03 Reg E220 Merc - brakes, windows, gearbox... hmm.

Each car was typically kept for 3 years and the earlier ones (Metro and Jetta) were private and subject to self servicing.

Notice the grief I had with the 2 German cars... hmm.

[ QUOTE ]

F*****G VW's whats happened to them???

Although, could be just down to the lemon syndrome as above!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably. Sorry to hear of your problems (and SixDegrees), but just to keep things in perspective I had two B5 Passats (both 1.8Ts with around 100k on the clock) between 2001 and 2004, and both were completely and utterly reliable with not a single fault between them during that time.

Wish I could say the same about the dealers though. sportifs2.gif

My son has a Passat estate 1.9TDI, covered 101K, too date.

No problems. SMOKE6.GIF

Well my Dub has a few problems, namely a faulty interior light, air con that blows colder when it's off and condensation in the headlamps/side repeaters. Oh and the brakes are absolute crap

[ QUOTE ]

In my 20+ years of driving 1/2 of the time has been spent with French cars... 2 Xantia's and 1 Megane (Well the Megane was the wife's tongue.gif). None ever gave me any remote levels of grief, in fact the Xantias were in retrospect the best cars I ever owned. Thats almost 10 years hassle free driving!

[/ QUOTE ]

The later Xantias seem to have been built pretty well! My dads 2000 HDi has done 140k now. Still runs fine. Regular servicing keeps it fit. Rear spheres are being done next week.

Ian

1/2 the Chelmsford station cabbies still use em. I was in one about 6 months ago.. a 2.1HDi, had over 200k on the engine (still original engine) apparently like all decent cars if you service em well they do last. This one was an exec.. with leather seats n'stuff I was impressed by how well the interior had held up too... He said only work ever done beyond standard servicing was those spheres... which he did himself... by getting a few from the breakers and screwing em on!

Mine in retrospect were the early ones. M and R reg. Apartently the early ones had problems with a plastic cased suspension pump which was rectified by recall... according to the cabbie anyway - I dont recall any issues smile.gif

Come on admit it SixDegrees. grin.gif

You had the shopping on the seat didn't you ? smashfreakB.gif

He's not saying much is he........ tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Put into context my other cars were: (a) A Reg Metro Turbo - I used to self service this every month tongue.gif (b) E Reg 16v Jetta - 2 gearboxes! © J Reg 2.0l Astra - one recall for wipers (d) W Reg 1.8 Celica - nothing went wrong (e) 03 Reg E220 Merc - brakes, windows, gearbox... hmm.

Each car was typically kept for 3 years and the earlier ones (Metro and Jetta) were private and subject to self servicing.

Notice the grief I had with the 2 German cars... hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on my 5th Pug in a row now - that must surely say that they're not that much trouble!!? if they were, i wouldnt go back!

French cars do have their knockers but my experience has only been good. Fair enough, i've never owned any other make of car - but why try to fix something that ain't broken so to speak!

With the new job looming and having to give the company 307 estate back, im again looking at my 6th Pug. Either a 307 or 407 (my dad's work is selling them off cheap - 53 plate 307 decent spec or 54 plate 407 HDI 136 with sat nav!! - watch this space!!!)