New Audi S3 on M25 - guess what - with pic!

jwo

Looked good, rather difficult scrambling to find phone and snapping it - apologies for picture quality too. Wasn't too sure about the front of the car - looked too busy, too much chrome etc.

PS - do i get special pointd for managing to snap it?

PPS - can some one display it properly for me too please!

post-6544-137914381288_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate to be rude, but that's rubbish for an S3, it looks like someone's bought a base model and stuck an aftermarket bodykit and big wheels on it.

The previous model was a masterclass in subtle muscle, Arnie in Armani. This just looks like a wannabe. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The previous model was a masterclass in subtle muscle, Arnie in Armani. This just looks like a wannabe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hit the nail on the head there Ari, I think the old S3 has a classic style to it, which is even more apparent when compared to the new model. crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. It has standard arches for crying out loud! Even the 1999 A6 (C5) 4.2 quattro has massaged arches....

Ian

I do agree it could have been a little more aggressive and yes I have one on order so maybe biased but the A3/S3 thing is no different to the A4/S4 scenario externally. i.e no flared arches etc. Especially in B6 format.

The Poor S3 seems to be getting a bit of a beasting on here, from some people with hardly exciting models themselves confused.gif, personally the low key look with subtle changes suites me.

Every post on the new S3 seems to turn in to a slaggin off session, shame really since no one has driven it.

I am looking forward to mine 169144-ok.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

I do agree it could have been a little more aggressive and yes I have one on order so maybe biased but the A3/S3 thing is no different to the A4/S4 scenario externally. i.e no flared arches etc. Especially in B6 format.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slightly confused by those words, for the 2003-on (B6) S4 4.2 V8 certainly does have hammered arches!

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slightly confused by those words, for the 2003-on (B6) S4 4.2 V8 certainly does have hammered arches!

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure my B6 A4 S-Line looks identical to the S4 externally. Last time this was bought up the view was they were the same now and only RS models get flared arches etc.

Pic attached S4 top S-Line bottom, cant see any arch difference confused.gif

990940-both.JPG

AZ

post-137-137914381352_thumb.jpg

I loved the old S3 and I love the new A3 just think the new S3 is a missed oppotunity. The old S3 felt like a different car to the old A3 with wide arches different body and bumper panels, fully loaded inside with its lower wider track, while the new S3 looks like an S line A3.

Perhaps the 2004 B6 S line 1.8 Turbo got the wider arches? People are always moaning that they cannot tell it apart from the S4.

The stock arches are certainly different - ie narrower. Here is APReadings' A4 Avant 1.8 Turbo quattro Sport, approximately a 2002 iirc - certainly no base spec model.

303928-AudiA4quattro.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure my B6 A4 S-Line looks identical to the S4 externally. Last time this was bought up the view was they were the same now and only RS models get flared arches etc.

Pic attached S4 top S-Line bottom, cant see any arch difference confused.gif

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

You tried to make this point on a previous post. The B6 S4 is wider than a B6 A4. However, the B7 A/S4 are the same. Like I said the last time go and check out the specs for each model. Therein lies the answer.

The reason why the car is getting such a hard time on these boards is because people are disappointed in its looks. In essence it's a S-Line.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The B6 S4 is wider than a B6 A4. However, the B7 A/S4 are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand EssFour's comment then crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing crazy. The S4 has a wider track than the standard A4 by about 20mm front and rear IIRC.

Anyway the new S3 still looks like a S-Line IMO.