New Audi S3 on M25 - guess what - with pic!

jwo

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The B6 S4 is wider than a B6 A4. However, the B7 A/S4 are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand EssFour's comment then crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The S4 has a wider track than the standard A4. Where as the new S3 is the same as a 2.0TDi S-Line

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree the S4 has the same track as the A4 2.0TDi S-Line.

Anyway this post was about the new S3.

AZ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway this post was about the new S3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right and I am not impressed in the slightest from an aesthetic point of view

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if thre RS3 does come out as many people have mentioned, the it leaves room for flared arches, 19" wheels, lower suspemsion etc. Shame it will probably start from about £32K but now BMW have showcased the 135T I suspect the RS3 may come to life as the market has been started by someone else 169144-ok.gif

beerchug.gif

AZ

I just configured an S3 in white on the Audi site.

Gimme white anyday,

If and 'IF' I bought an S3 (or the much fabled RS3 //ducks//) it would be White with two tone grey and black leather....... at least.

Oh and it would have to be capable of being tuned to 300bhp+.

bike.thumb.gif

I'll drive one before passing a proper verdict - although it does look maybe a bit too subtle - but that's probably the point! - Having seen the one at MPH'06 they do look quite different from the front to an S-Line A3.

Oh and at risk of getting FIREdevil.gif the only visible body differences between B6 S4 & A4- Sline are (in no particular order): Front & Rear bumpers, Grey lower door strips, AVUS Alloys, grey coloured & slightly different shaped front grilles (lower one is noticeably deeper), Silver mirrors & S4 badges. Unless it's Milltek'd even the twin 'zorsts are approx. the same size as a 1.8T/3.0 version. The arches are the same!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Is that red one really an S3? crazy.gif It looks like Smitten's old S-line 2.0 TDi. Nice looking but doesn't look different. They should paint the roof black. coffee.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now. Now Lottie. Don't start upsetting people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a black roof would be a feature.... grin.gif

I saw one at MPH06 and it seemed to look more striking, so maybe the red doesn't show its curves off. I think subtle is good....thats why the S4/RS4 are so great.....but the old S3 was easily identifiable as just that. I reserve full judgement until I pass one in the flesh moving! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

thats an oxford audi car i think. i'd be pretty confident in saying that's kerry behind the wheel. nice pic btw!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a Press Office car IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

With that reg its almost certainly a Audi Uk car. SO press office or something like that. Could be the car they are using for dealer demos?

I'm not suprised tbh, nearly all comments on here slate it.

It dosen't have fat arches no, but it is a 250bhp machine capable of outstanding performance figures whilst retaining the Audi way of design - smoothness.

Of course all IMO 169144-ok.gif

Yet everyone is bothered over these arches crazy.gif