Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwo

New Audi S3 on M25 - guess what - with pic!

69 posts in this topic

My a2 has big arches yet it can't pull the skin off rice pudding!!! smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not suprised tbh, nearly all comments on here slate it.

It dosen't have fat arches no, but it is a 250bhp machine capable of outstanding performance figures whilst retaining the Audi way of design - smoothness.

Of course all IMO 169144-ok.gif

Yet everyone is bothered over these arches crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not spending £32k+ on a car that looks like almost idential to a 2.0TDI S-line which costs £22k. For me, a car needs to be more than just a good drive, which undoubtedly the new S3 will be.

I'm all for subtle styling, which the old S3 had, not lazy design/cost cutting which the new S3 suffers from.

[ QUOTE ]

He's a bit sensitive when it comes the new S3

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sensitive just cant understand people slating a car they probably havent seen in the flesh and have not driven. Everyone is entitled to their opnion obvioulsy. I guess the expectation for some of the new S3 was very high.

169144-ok.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not spending £32k+ on a car that looks like almost idential to a 2.0TDI S-line which costs £22k. For me, a car needs to be more than just a good drive, which undoubtedly the new S3 will be.

I'm all for subtle styling, which the old S3 had, not lazy design/cost cutting which the new S3 suffers from.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's another classic on here. People quoting the fully kitted price of the S3 against a base spec model.

smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's another classic on here. People quoting the fully kitted price of the S3 against a base spec model.

smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed the A3 2.0T Sline Quattro Special edition with Zenons and Heated front seats to remotely comapare base spec with the S3 is £24010, vs. £26995 for the S3. That is without the additional S3 components, 65 BHP more from a re-worked 2.0T FSI, alimiminium suspension components, oh and a lap timer on the DIS tongue.gif

Anyway I Still want mine did I mention that 169144-ok.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang on Henry......you have totally missed my point. If I were to buy an S3 I would have to spec it up hence the price I quoted. My point is no matter what spec I would go for, if it was sitting beside a boggo 2.0TDI S-line in a car park, it would be pretty similar in appearance .

Ok, fair enough. But you could apply that argument to any Audi S car at the moment, except with all the others there's a much bigger price difference between models.

Anyway, the demo's arrive soon and we can all disagree about how it drives instead of how it looks. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Slightly confused by those words, for the 2003-on (B6) S4 4.2 V8 certainly does have hammered arches!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear Ian, you are wrong yet again. NONO3.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps the painted front under-valence makes the front arches look wider? Could have sworn it was wider! EEK2.GIF

Ian

Bitterly, bitterly disappointed IanC. frown.gif

Here I go thinking you can do NO wrong, looking up to you and thinking how perfect you are and you go and make two mistakes in the same week.

Life will never be the same again.... crazy.gif

I'll admit that I’m not a huge fan of the new S3. I think it is too expensive, under engined (cylinder wise) and a bit dull to look at. However, it doesn’t deserve the stick it’s getting on here at all.

It seems that expectations were very high, which is fair enough I suppose, but I don't really understand why. We’ve known it was only going to be a 2 litre 4 pot for a while and the S4 should have given us a clue as to what it would look like. i.e. pretty much the same as an S Line. If there is ever an RS3, then of course you should expect the fat arches and different body kit, but that’s not what the ‘S’ range is all about imho.

If you want a fast, discreet, safe handling hatchback, then this is the car for you. Providing you are prepared to pay £30k (ish) for the privilege of course! grin.gif

I wouldn’t knock anyone for buying one and I also think that people should wait until they have driven one before writing it off.

I know only too well what it’s like to own a car that gets a lot of hate, so I can empathise with the prospective S3 owners! Remember that the only opinion that matters is your own! I own a car that I think looks great and is fantastic to drive and whilst the constant rubbish that is spouted (mainly on here) can be annoying, I really couldn’t give a stuff. People that buy cars based on whether they will impress others, are so sad imo.

Just my opinion..... 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'll admit that I’m not a huge fan of the new S3. I think it is too expensive, under engined (cylinder wise) and a bit dull to look at. However, it doesn’t deserve the stick it’s getting on here at all.

It seems that expectations were very high, which is fair enough I suppose, but I don't really understand why. We’ve known it was only going to be a 2 litre 4 pot for a while and the S4 should have given us a clue as to what it would look like. i.e. pretty much the same as an S Line. If there is ever an RS3, then of course you should expect the fat arches and different body kit, but that’s not what the ‘S’ range is all about imho.

If you want a fast, discreet, safe handling hatchback, then this is the car for you. Providing you are prepared to pay £30k (ish) for the privilege of course! grin.gif

I wouldn’t knock anyone for buying one and I also think that people should wait until they have driven one before writing it off.

I know only too well what it’s like to own a car that gets a lot of hate, so I can empathise with the prospective S3 owners! Remember that the only opinion that matters is your own! I own a car that I think looks great and is fantastic to drive and whilst the constant rubbish that is spouted (mainly on here) can be annoying, I really couldn’t give a stuff. People that buy cars based on whether they will impress others, are so sad imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

notworthy.gif169144-ok.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said mate 169144-ok.gif

I think the new S3 is a good package, did anyone see pics of the orange one at the paris motorshow?

Whilst I don't think there is much to differentiate the "S" from other models in terms of exterior styling, the subtlty is there 169144-ok.gif

I think it looks great in orange, but fear the re-sales smashfreakB.gif

I have uploaded pics today..

3178347200_G.jpg

2635476538_G.jpg

2569555459_G.jpg

now ....the orange one is the first i've seen that i really like.....really like

[ QUOTE ]

Scarey that i actually think it looks great in Orange.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres an new orange S3 in Lincoln, it may even be their demo cos I've seen it near the garage twice. Looks ok, still think its treading on the toes of the 3.2