Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glovepup

New SEAT Leon Cupra Pricing confirmed

93 posts in this topic

Looks nice, but I would probably pick the Red over that purple/black colour. EVO said that the purple/black was a mistake and doesn't do it justice.

I've heard the Cupra picks up better than the S3, will be keen to hear your comparison Geoff, when you get a chance in the Cupra!

Using the same turbo im expecting it too be near the same. mine it will have less weight to drag about and not have as much transmition loss due to lack of haldex.

Heres a few power graphs posted by CARMAD comparing the old S3/cupraR, new S3 and GTI/200PS 2.0T units.

[ QUOTE ]

2.0T

turbos5.jpg

New S3

054__scaled_600.jpg

Old 1.8T 225 BHP

006__scaled_600.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Southgate Seat say middle March for the demo / test drive car.

They also stated that the Brembos won't be offfered and that they 'think' the brakes will be the R32 ones.

Yep last i heard was Brembo's had been scraped due to heat dissapation problems during testing.

[ QUOTE ]

Southgate Seat say middle March for the demo / test drive car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our dealer has said the same. Looking forward to it. Still don't know what colour I'd go for.

I wonder if the price will change, the Honda Type R isn't a direct rivial, but at £17k might take some sales from potential Cupra owners.

That rear is the aero, is the picture really a Cupra or just a basic Leon with alloys and aero rear?

I think it's a Sport with the bodykit fitted. I can't see that being the Cupra.

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder if the price will change, the Honda Type R isn't a direct rivial, but at £17k might take some sales from potential Cupra owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think SEAT look on the FR as the rival to the type R though. Similar price and power..

Im not a fan of the body kit looks very fish like to me with the gills and all.

SEAT have a ltd edition TDI with it on special offer at the moment theres at least 2 pass my house every morning.

SEAT LEON

2.0 TDI REFERENCE SPORT 140PS

18" BBS alloy wheels, enhanced front & rear bumpers and twin chrome exhausts

£16,995 RRP

With SEAT styling kit worth £2,500 RPP

I think i read somewere Autocar have one on there fleet now. That should be fun with there previous views of SEATs lol.

[ QUOTE ]

But what's really impressive is the way the Cupra puts this power down. Even if you are hard on the throttle in first and second gears, torque steer isn't an issue, while the car remains superbly composed over undulating roads...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good. 169144-ok.gif

Just FYI:

Its tested in the autocar magazine group test this week and next week a full road test.

I read a review the other day, on Channel4's website and it said it was fantastic, and much better than Skodas vRS models. Better build/performance and looks.

Just want to demo one now!