MOT passed but was running on fumes...

jimmyp

Collected the .:R from the stealers this afternoon after she passed her first MOT smile.gif and i thought it would be a good idea to leave her there without much fuel in, that will stop the feckers going for a "road test" i thought grin.gif

so...when i go to collect her i realise that there isn't much fuel in her at all UHOH7.GIF and getting stuck in roads works just outside the stealers for a good 10 mins didn't help matters...

by this time the needle is well into the red and is just above the end marker SAUER0421.GIF but managed to limp her to the nearest shell garage, there was alot of coasting during that journey, and i filled up with 58.72litres!!!

How much does the tank hold all together??? as i don't think the needle would have gone much further down into the red grin.gif

She is a good girl... jump.gif169144-ok.gif

Exactly the same problem for me today Jimmy. Left So'ton airport this evening knowing the car was very, very low - yes, very late leaving for the airport this morning ROLLEY~14.GIF - and put about the same amount in when I eventually found a petrol station.

Isn't that just the worst feeling when you're convinced you're just about to run out... EEK2.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Collected the .:R from the stealers this afternoon after she passed her first MOT smile.gif and i thought it would be a good idea to leave her there without much fuel in, that will stop the feckers going for a "road test"

[/ QUOTE ]

Still in dispute with my stealer after their 6 mile joyride in mine the other week fekr.gif

Will let you know what i finally get out of them. As we speak they are trying to fob me off with a half price service !!. Glad the old girl got you to a garage eventually mate 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's 60 litres actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so too... 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its 63 litres including the reserve

[/ QUOTE ]

It is 63..........

........filled up from 'empty' last w/end .. 61.3 ltrs...got low fuel warning about 25 miles from garage...

gentle with the beans for 20 mins crazy.gif

I thought it held 62 litres and the light comes on when there's 8 litres left....

I ran out of fuel once ROLLEY~14.GIF, got a lift to the nearest garage where I put 5 litres in out of a jerry can, then drove approx 4-5 miles to the Shell garage that I was heading to initially and put in 62.5 litres EEK2.GIF