RS4 for £45k?

Wolfsbait

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course, you will make some savings for sure. But the cheapest RS4 available will be for a reason.. either high milage or low spec.

They will also continue to depreciate as all cars do.

You can pick up an RS6 now for £35,000.. that is hell of a car for the money!

[ QUOTE ]

of course, you will make some savings for sure. But the cheapest RS4 available will be for a reason.. either high milage or low spec.

They will also continue to depreciate as all cars do.

You can pick up an RS6 now for £35,000.. that is hell of a car for the money!

[/ QUOTE ]

try £10k lower...plenty of RS6's for that much. Or £30k at Audi dealers...

Wopum, you got it as a company car??!!!!

Why??

It would cost me nearly £700 a month in comapany car tax alone, I am better buying it myself.

I do however get the company to pay me 40p a mile and an allowance too, the company is better off and so am I, nearly £400 a month better off in fact.

[ QUOTE ]

Very good point. Thats whats crippling me with the CSL...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch assuming a £55k list price I think a 40% taxpayer would have to pay £8,800 per year in tax on a CSL. Would it not be better to just take the money out in dividends and buy it personally?

OUCH!!!

The car was £61k new with options...

I got it as a company car for the following reasons:

- The company will take care of any direct costs, hence why I just turned down an extended warranty.

- Company insurance - I would never have got insured on the car if it was personal.

- Congestion charge.

- And some other beneficial reasons. I weighed it all up before I bought the car, and when taking insurance in to account, there was very little in it.

Living on rice and tinned tomatoes 24/7 is a small price to pay for such a fantastic piece of kit anyway! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Living on rice and tinned tomatoes 24/7 is a small price to pay for such a fantastic piece of kit anyway! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, with thatlittle retail outlet you own I am sure you get a little more than rice and tomatoes! wink.gif

Totally understand why you have it as a company car, I forget your insurance etc. must push teh price right up.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, with thatlittle retail outlet you own I am sure you get a little more than rice and tomatoes! wink.gif

Totally understand why you have it as a company car, I forget your insurance etc. must push teh price right up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont own any retail outlet. Im just a humble buyer! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Possibly after Christmas, also depends on whether or not there is another interest hike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interest hike!! not sure how that would directly effect pricing. pengy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It might affect the interest rates on the finance people take? It also means people pay more for their mortgages and thus have less money in their pockets.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Possibly after Christmas, also depends on whether or not there is another interest hike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interest hike!! not sure how that would directly effect pricing. pengy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It might affect the interest rates on the finance people take? It also means people pay more for their mortgages and thus have less money in their pockets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair Point. beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Is that meant to be a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there are plenty of 06 cars around for £50k eg Audi Crawley and aSton Green have one for high £49s so read £49k or £48.5k. The trade price would have been £45k or less.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Is that meant to be a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there are plenty of 06 cars around for £50k eg Audi Crawley and aSton Green have one for high £49s so read £49k or £48.5k. The trade price would have been £45k or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well to be fair the Avus car at Crawley is double the mileage of my friends car and the two sub £50k car as Aston Green are not 100% comparable. One is Sprint Blue which (and ask any Audi dealer) is the least popular and slowest selling colour = cheapest. And the Dayonta car is 06/55 not, 06/06.

Sure there is not a huge difference in the intrinsic values, but there a difference all the same.