New S6 - looks like the depreciation's started!

Tizzy

they/we/i am. i can appreachiate your business, any im not saying that the s-line series was good news (maybe a quick fix, and extra sales), but the s and rs products should be more about how they drive than how they look. i took at RS6 home last week, my misses looked out the window as i pulled in the drive (heard it coming) and shook her head.. "another family wagon". until you drive it....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thing is, let's be honest about sales for a moment. UK sales of Audi 'S' models have always been extremely low. There were never more than a handful of old S6's around, and I imagine it will be the same with this one.

They may make/sell more RS6's, but I'm not sure - it's going to be an awfully expensive car, and they really will have to do wonders with the RS styling to make it look anything other than a blancmange.

[ QUOTE ]

So your cummulative point is, ALL teutonic automotive brands are losing touch with reality?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's not just a VW group problem. Merc is finding it diffuclt too. Not so much BMW as they have always seem to have led the way in german engineering. (not that i'm persoannly a BMW fan).

You have to remember that we (car nut's) make up a very small % of the population. If most people come into money they would be straight down the BMW dealership because that what 'you're supposed to do' smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So your cummulative point is, ALL teutonic automotive brands are losing touch with reality?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's not just a VW group problem. Merc is finding it diffuclt too. Not so much BMW as they have always seem to have led the way in german engineering. (not that i'm persoannly a BMW fan).

You have to remember that we (car nut's) make up a very small % of the population. If most people come into money they would be straight down the BMW dealership because that what 'you're supposed to do' smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Watcha driving these days Dave??? coffee.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Watcha driving these days Dave??? coffee.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actaully not got anything on my drive at the moment. Am looking for a 996 GT3, but haven't commited yet.

I have 3 young girls and the wife isn't so keen. She rather me look at another german autobahn stormer?

We'll see. i'm in no hurry at the moment... plenty of stuff at work to sort at the moment smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If Lexus made a properly sporting "S" or "M" variant, I'd buy one over the German equivalents any day. This is the problem - no choice!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worry (for the leading brands). The jap cars are so good mechanically, their design teams are getting it together (look at the civic) and it won't be long before they start to compete at the highest level.