Cooper S - Dyno test - 20 HP - where are they?

duc748s

Cooper S - Dyno test - 20 HP - where are they?

First of all hello from Poland. Perhaps I am one of the last Poland citizen who is not plumber in your country… )

For winter time in jumped in my wife’s Cooper S and left my baby /993/ in garage. From the beginning / ½ a year/ car felt slow for me. On Sunday I have last track day and I would like to go in Mini. I made dyno test today and car has 135 HP. There is visible drop in power above 5500 revs. And when you driving is puling really nice but the re is not top end – which is visible on the graph

Dyno was tested by me before with other car – is very accurate. My 993 has 285 HP and GT3 mark I 360 HP / relax guys – not mine ! /

Car has 20 000 miles and it’s 2003. Unfortunately I made test on regular 95 fuel. Mechanic told me that knock sensor could start some action according to low quality fuel or I have broken MAF sensor.. but there is no any…

Car is just before service – I will replace filters, plugs. I will fill it with shell V power fuel and see once again..

Questions:

- any ideas?

- -anybody has power graphs of standard car to compare results on lower revs?

- Is anything in air box which can blocked inlet?

Thanks in advance

Marcin

post-15943-137914382348_thumb.jpg

grin.gif Greetings from the UK jump.gif

grin.gif The scenario you describe - a 2003 20k miles nicely loosened up Cooper S running on 95RON fuel I can well imagine it being 20bhp down. There was a fuel study done recently in the UK that showed, especially with forced induction cars, that the RON rating can have a significant impact on the power output 169144-ok.gif

More here

[ QUOTE ]

For the BMW M3 CSL the difference between running 95 octane fuel and Tesco 99 fuel was over 40bhp; that’s over 10 per cent.

[/ QUOTE ]

• 2 months later...