Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davidhodgkinson

Rossi

21 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard the latest Valentino Story?

Dave Richards (Ex Subaru) has said that Rossi has mentioned he would like to goto Rally after his 2 wheels.

Any comments?

I'm not too sure if it would be high profile enough for Rossi, but it would pull a lot of crowds to rally's

Well, as we speak he's lying 24th overall in a Subaru in the New Zealand WRC round. And he took part in the Network Q Rally GB a couple of years ago.

His dad was a rally driver and he has a great love for the sport - I think the raw adrenalin of rallying appeals to him when compared with the rather safe and sanitised environment of a race track.

Safe - on a bike? Not sure about that.

i remember him competing in the Network Q, did'nt finish - if i remember.

Let's hope he does better this year 169144-ok.gif

He had a very sucessful test in a Mercedes DTM car the other week. He will be on 4 wheels in the next few years. He has avoided any major injury, so far in his career, and I think this is playing more and more on his mind.

I am glad he is sticking to bikes for now though. Watching him trying to beat Pedrosa next year on the 800s will be fantastic.

[ QUOTE ]

I am glad he is sticking to bikes for now though. Watching him trying to beat Pedrosa next year on the 800s will be fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah!! bowdown.gifbeerchug.gif

Depends on who's still in it I guess. With the WRC already decided it's probably fair to say some of the front runners aren't pushing 100%.

Having said that, he's only around 15 minutes down on them in over 3 hours of stages so he's doing pretty well.

Nice to see him doing it in a Subaru too. 169144-ok.gif

I seem to remember him winning the Michelin Race of Cahmions a couple of years ago (and perhaps since). He's said a couple of times that he thinks rallying is more fun the circuit driving (i.e. F1).

Would be nice to see him in something like the role that Loeb or McRae has now, rallying with trips to Le Mans and the like.

He's probably just cock-a-hoop (to quote Larry Grayson) with having taken part. 11th ain't to bad (better place than his last Motogp race, I recall).

bowdown.gif

He's been announced as an entrant to Rally GB... should make it past the 3rd stage this time...

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone know what he is doing in GP next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Still with yamaha & with edwards as a team mate

[ QUOTE ]

We'll he dont seem to be having much fun in MotoGP does he?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he'll be back on top next year, although Suzuki's recent tests have put them fastest on the grid at the mo! Honda 'down' on power.

Stoner on a Ducati (not, personally my fav choice of rider - Mr Bin It!) And Pedrosa will have a point to prove, as will Ilmour - so here's tot eh 800s and a wickedly close season - ummm beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

We'll he dont seem to be having much fun in MotoGP does he?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched that video clip before, but I nearly wet myself laughing when that cheesy music starts up. grin.gif

I'm faster than most of them anyway. wink.gif

bike.thumb.gif

He won in an Italian rally event on Sunday (MCN report).

He says rallying is where he wants to go after bikes.

That'll be the end of next season then me thinks...

[ QUOTE ]

I'm faster than most of them anyway. wink.gif

bike.thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we knew that!