535d - a good buy?

Prhim

Am looking for some advice from 535d owners. I currently have a VW Touareg 3.0 TDi, which I think is a great car, but I get bored easily and fancy a change.

Saw a mean looking 535d sport with the M bodykit at the local dealer and am very taken with it.

I'm interested to hear what people think of the overall performance and handling - specifically from any owners who are used to more powerful smaller cars (Scoobies, S3s, M3s etc). Is the 535d a credible 'grown up' family alternative to a hot hatch?

Also, has anyone treated their 535d to the Superchips (or similar) experience? Performance stats look pretty impressive after the upgrade...

Help, I can't decide!

I just sold my 535d sport touring.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/104582.htm

It is a great family car that can cover serious milage very quickly.

After a DMS remap it will keep up with an M3 on the motorway, but I wanted something that I could enjoy a bit more on the twisties, so I swapped it and get a 120d m-sport and a CSL, so it really depends what you want it for?

Is the VW 3.0tdi the same as the 3.0tdi in the new A6?? I went out with my old man in one of these and it felt positively sluggish after the 535d, I think it is around 6 seconds slower to 100mph than a rempped 535d, and I am sure the Toureg is slower still, so I am sure you would not be disapointed.

What I would say is there are some superb deals on 335d m-sport tourings, definitley a more chuckable car, uses the new aluminum engine and the new gear box too, you will be looking at around 5.1 seconds after a remap on one of these. New ones can be had for around £36/37k instead of £42/43k.

If you need the space though I can't think of a better all round car than the 535d at the moment, it is so far ahead of the competition.

[ QUOTE ]

I just sold my 535d sport touring.

you will be looking at around 5.1 seconds after a remap on one of these

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop it you keep tempting me to ring DMS...

Seriously the 335D is so smooth and deceptively quick I can't imagine how Merc or Audi will be able to put up a fight against it. I have not seen any mention of a competive 6 pot 300BHP derv engine..yet.

Good discounts on Tourings of over 10% are easily acheivable.

[ QUOTE ]

Stop it you keep tempting me to ring DMS...

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't beleive you haven't yet!!

Call Mike Cooper and say Guy (gizze) sent you and ask for his best price. 169144-ok.gif

It seriously transforms the car, the only other cars that I have noticed such a difference on are the B5 RS4 and the RS6, it turns a nice quick mile mucher into something pretty bleedin' special!! FIREdevil.gif

• 2 months later...

my brother works for BMW rochdale and he had a 535D m sport with the new 19's and it was awesome so smooth, we had some chaves in a 318 trying to race us cos they thought it was an M5 still got blown away by it though. he turned the traction control off on the way home aswell and it seemed reli easy to throw abouut and a quick kick of the loud pedal had it sideways and it never seemed to go too far out of line. he normally has a 120d or 130 so he is used to small cars and he said it handled amazingly on the 19's id ask him what discount were achieveable but he can be a bit of a nob and he sell pre-owned.