Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frazzle

TT waiting lists?

21 posts in this topic

Quick question. My old man has ust traded his M3 Cab for a new 2.0 TT. He's added a few bits and pieces - bose, 18's, parking sensors, nappa, heated and elec seats - and has been quoted the usual 12 weeks delivery once the order is processed (approx December).

He is now carless now until the TT arrives so I'm a bit concerned that the 12 weeks is a bit hopeful. To be fair I shouldn't really care since he didn't even give me a shot of the M3 smile.gif

Anyway - what do you reckon - is 12 weeks hopeful?

In a word - yes!

If he gets it in this amount of time I would be very surprised and I suspect he was given this time to get his deposit.

I ordered 2 weeks ago and I'm being quoted June at least

However I could be wrong and it wouldnt be the first time.

With all 'in demand' cars it depends where you go as waiting lists and allocation amounts can vary widely between dealers.

Yeah I ordered mine late September and i have been told by the dealer it is scheduled to be built week 50 which is week b4 christmas....although this hasnt been confirmed yet,if it is true it should come sometime in January 07,im not holding my breath though.....I can just imagine me building a car the week before christmas....i dont think so

With the last TT the dealers apprently each had allocations in each 'build period'. You could therefore get one much earlier from one dealer compared to another.

Not sure about the new ones but delivery times were fairly bang on for a lot of people last time around.

Motorpoint in Derby had several 2.0Ts for just under £25K - usual spec combinations (quite good IIRC) but you only get two years warranty I think. They've probably all gone now!! smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

With the last TT the dealers apprently each had allocations in each 'build period'. You could therefore get one much earlier from one dealer compared to another.

Not sure about the new ones but delivery times were fairly bang on for a lot of people last time around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always found that with most cars but you are right espcially Audi.

we've just had a 3.2 Stronic come in as a used vehicle for resale. 18k on the clock! condor grey...really nice actually.

[ QUOTE ]

we've just had a 3.2 Stronic come in as a used vehicle for resale. 18k on the clock! condor grey...really nice actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

18K already!! Wow. I thought mine was a high mileage TT with 23K in a year!! smashfreakB.gif

thats what i thought! but shes mint, so obviously been looked after..

saying that, we've just taken in a 56 plate 3.2 with everything on it, 3.2 DSG in condor...118 miles on the clock! madness!

who was that through? we are looking at june/july to be honest, although TTR for mid march. which is probably the one we are talknig about!!

I've enquired at three large dealerships this week and have been quoted mid to late March on each occasion.

In addition, posters on the UKTT Forum have also confirmed this timescale and some have reported that their build weeks have been brought forward by a few weeks.

Somebody must have decided that it was time to get the finger out.

...or they're not selling as well as expected.

I got to agree that you need to shop around, my wife tried Cardiff, Bristol, Swindon and another dealer when she was looking to put in her order for a 3.2Q a short while back - earliest offer was March.... Taunton / Barnstaple had her in one on October 30th

It's bloody awesome, BTW!!!

P1G

Waiting lists on a mass produced car is the oldest trick in the dodgy salesman's book trying to close a deal, isn't it ?

Well...I started the thread so I'll finish.

After agreeing the deal in November, he was able to place the order in January and was today told that the car will be ready for pick up next Tuesday. So that is over 6 months from start to finish.

In the meantime he bought a Corsa 1.2 Comfort to kick about in, and ended up driving it for 6 months! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Waiting lists on a mass produced car is the oldest trick in the dodgy salesman's book trying to close a deal, isn't it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

unless it's actually true with the TT of course.....perish the thought!!