A question on Audi service

DB69

Hello all, I'm a new member.

I'm thinking of trading my Lexus IS200 for a new A4 or S4 soon. However I have reservations about switching to Audi that have been reinforced by a recent run-in with Renault.

My wife's Scenic's gearbox jammed. It was taken to the local Renault dealer on a Sunday and she popped in on the Monday morning. She was told that the car would be first looked at on the following Friday or Monday and may take a few weeks to fix. They also said that there would be no courtesy car available for a couple weeks !

Contrast that with my experience with Lexus Assist. My power steering pump failed. Within an hour Lexus had a flatbed removing the car from my drive and twenty minutes later a courtesy car appeared. The car was then fixed in three days !

So my question is, is the Audi experience closer to Lexus smile.gif or Renault FIREdevil.gif?

I personnally have no issues with Audi dealer serrvice as I have always found my dealer to be quick and courtious with repairs - My issue is the number of repairs that seem to be warrented with both my Audis (just unlucky I guess).

So in quality terms I would rate the serrvice closer to Lexus - but then I must admit when I had the clio the local renault dealer were pretty good as well - maybe you need to find some new dealers?

If I remember rightly, all new Audis come with Roadside Assistance for at least one year. This will provided by the RAC via an Audi-specific number. They will (rarely) fix at the roadside or take you to a dealer. How well and how promptly it gets fixed at the dealer depends a lot on the dealer - some are better than others.