Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xspencex

Rallying GT3's

16 posts in this topic

Feckin hell! That is the best automotive pron I have seen in ages.

Ice, snow, dirt, tarmc, rapids, sand and mud. Love that car! laugh.gif

I think if the WRC had competitors driving GT3's Aston's, Corvette's etc.. rather the 4wd 2.0ltr Turbo Japanese and French tin boxes I'd be much more interested... what do you think?...

[ QUOTE ]

I think if the WRC had competitors driving GT3's Aston's, Corvette's etc.. rather the 4wd 2.0ltr Turbo Japanese and French tin boxes I'd be much more interested... what do you think?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been thinking that for years.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, i think we just need better coverage. Theres more skill and entertainment in a skoda going round on WRC, than a ferrari on F1.

Porsche's have their place, but thats not WRC, im sure most japanese/french stuff will embarress the RWD cars in WRC.

I was In Chamonix a few years back when they were doing the ice races around part of town.

notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something like this then?

car_photo_209396_7.jpg

linky

smlove2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Brilliant find, who has the balls to rally a GT3 jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheeper than a WRC

Wow! EEK2.GIF

Mind you, Jim Richards and others rally (extremely fast) GT3s and GT2s in the Targa Tasmania and get everything from sticky dry tarmac through to snow on the different stages.

I wonder how a 997 GT3 would go with PSM and PASM? ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps something like this: http://astonmartins.com/aston_martin_racing/v8_vantage_rally_gt.htm

Apparently road rallying in Astons is very popular in France at the moment.

Porsche used to rally the 959 too.

The rear drive cars are only competative on tarmac from what I understand, but that wouldn't stop old school rally's from being run with Astons and the like (maybe the 350Z could follow in the 240Zs footprints...). I'll bet that the dreaded safety concerns would rule it out very quickly mad.gif

Shame. Zanzibar Orange example too. frown.gif

Ian