Rallying GT3's

xspencex

[ QUOTE ]

I think if the WRC had competitors driving GT3's Aston's, Corvette's etc.. rather the 4wd 2.0ltr Turbo Japanese and French tin boxes I'd be much more interested... what do you think?...

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, i think we just need better coverage. Theres more skill and entertainment in a skoda going round on WRC, than a ferrari on F1.

Porsche's have their place, but thats not WRC, im sure most japanese/french stuff will embarress the RWD cars in WRC.

[ QUOTE ]

I think if the WRC had competitors driving GT3's Aston's, Corvette's etc.. rather the 4wd 2.0ltr Turbo Japanese and French tin boxes I'd be much more interested... what do you think?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps something like this: http://astonmartins.com/aston_martin_racing/v8_vantage_rally_gt.htm

Apparently road rallying in Astons is very popular in France at the moment.

Porsche used to rally the 959 too.

The rear drive cars are only competative on tarmac from what I understand, but that wouldn't stop old school rally's from being run with Astons and the like (maybe the 350Z could follow in the 240Zs footprints...). I'll bet that the dreaded safety concerns would rule it out very quickly mad.gif