R32 or GTI edition 30. please help

bmx

Is your car modified from standard in anyway?  

1. 1. Is your car modified from standard in anyway?

• ECU / Remap / Chip
    • Engine (Turbo cams, Airbox, Intercooler, Nos, Bigger Valves, etc.)
    • Exhaust / Cats / Downpipes
    • Suspension (Springs, Shockers, ARB's)
    • Wheels
    • Standard

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can tell she has taste as i got talked into swopping my dad one of my sets of monza 17s for his monzaIIs yelrotflmao.gif

The full colour coding looked ok just was not as much a difference as i was expecting it too make. smirk.gif

The GT next to it was in shadow blue with optional 18" wheels that had a similar finish to the monzaIIs. If it had had the GTI side skirts on too it would have been very nice. The interior seat cloth i was not that stuck on though in the GT.

I've just dropped by my dealer and they have a metallic black Ed30, DSG, 3-door, cloth, and ready to go. It looks much, much better in the flesh. The red stitching is far more subtle (and unfortunately less pink! wink.gifgrin.gif) in real life and even the patterned cloth extending over the seat fronts works visually. The golf ball shift knob also looks and feels great. Of course, the salesman knew absolutely nothing about the engine mods except the 230 bhp rating.

The wheels are disappointing only because anyone can fit them as aftermarket to a standard GTI.

I'll post pics shortly.

[ QUOTE ]

It looks much, much better in the flesh. The red stitching is far more subtle in real life and even the patterned cloth extending over the seat fronts works visually. The golf ball shift knob also looks and feels great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree looks much better in real life. cool.gif

I must check to see if the throttle body is the same part no next.

http://www.forum.golfgti.co.uk/index.php?topic=53031.0

Here are a couple of interior pics. The car was in the showroom and I could only successfully take any pics by using flash, which unfortunately makes the red stitching look far more prominent than it does in real life. In fact I had to look to see if the wheel had red stitching. Overall, metallic black with cloth upholstery etc looked a million dollars - Very, very smart overall appearance both inside and out. My only criticism having seen and sat in it are the wheels.

Ed30_interior1.jpg

Ed30_interior2.jpg

If I was about to order a GTI now, I would go for the Ed30. Whether I would choose it over a Mk5 R32, I'm not sure without another long test drive and in a DSG version.

[ QUOTE ]

If I was about to order a GTI now, I would go for the Ed30.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with you only deciding factor for me would be the limited colour choice frown.gif i know i would miss Shadow blue so much in my case it would be a very hard choice between ED30s Seats+gearknob+power 'v' GTI looks of the shadowblue+18s.

I agree Snoopy - I really like my Monza's so much more than the Ed30 wheels that I think I would 'sacrifice' the extra power for them! shocked.gif

If I wanted more power then I'd go down the remap route. I plan at some stage to get one of those ed30 stirring sticks but at £138 they seem a bit steep at the moment. crazy.gif I normally like half leather seats but having seen one in the flesh at the weekend, the leather quality didn't really impress me - especially as those side bolsters are a little prone to wear.

[ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure anyone would want to fit them to their standard gti would they???? confused.gif

the only thing that spoils the car, bog awful wheels!!!

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I look at it this way:

24K to pay........Fecking chav wheels..........no way slap.gif

Whilst I agree with maxyboy about the wheels..........

I have to, with heavy heart disagree about the R32 being better than the S3...........it isn't.......

Put the S3 underpinnings and set up into a Golf Shell 169144-ok.gif

Now that would be some car....... FIREdevil.gifSPericani2.gif

i dont recon much to any wheels that vw have on the golf, the monza's are very chav,and that finish is just asking for corrosion, and the r32 wheels well wtf is goin on there, there just all wrong. ed30 wheels crap colour ...i think vw should sack the wheel designer

[ QUOTE ]

i dont recon much to any wheels that vw have on the golf, the monza's are very chav,and that finish is just asking for corrosion, and the r32 wheels well wtf is goin on there, there just all wrong. ed30 wheels crap colour ...i think vw should sack the wheel designer

[/ QUOTE ]

But isn't it the BBS CH's that are on the ed30? - I see you've ordered the same design in 19"? Surely a 8" peperoni pizza is just the same flavour as a 12" peperoni pizza? crazy.gifconfused.gifgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But isn't it the BBS CH's that are on the ed30? - I see you've ordered the same design in 19"? Surely a 8" peperoni pizza is just the same flavour as a 12" peperoni pizza? crazy.gifconfused.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

er no lol.gif is the 17inch monza the same as the 18 inch monza for example