Bollox to cleaning.

loddrik

C'mon lads, who else out there is like me. I am bemused by the people who clean, wax, treat blah blah.....

I wash my car every few months, maybe every month in summer, lifes too short to spend valuable time fawning over a car with a fecking cloth. As long as the interior is clean then I am happy.

Am I alone??

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope you're not alone - I'm with you there.

I don't have the time to clean my car every few minutes let alone spend the hours that some people do every week. Interior in my car is nearly always clean - although it could do with a hoover right now.

Cars are for driving, yes they do look good too, but I have other things to do, than to spend a few hours in the cold (at this time of year), then to stand back at think boy that's clean. Then you get in your car to drive to the shops you drive through a muddy puddle and all your hard work has gone to waste.

[ QUOTE ]

C'mon lads, who else out there is like me. I am bemused by the people who clean, wax, treat blah blah.....

I wash my car every few months, maybe every month in summer, lifes too short to spend valuable time fawning over a car with a fecking cloth. As long as the interior is clean then I am happy.

Am I alone??

[/ QUOTE ]

Shun the non believer...... shocked.gif

Now you've done it. [flame suit mode]

I blitz mine in the spring and then keep on top of it all summer, but in the winter I don't have time as I'm working most days.

Everyone knows how many cars I have had, I have never waxed one, not one car had any issues with buyers saying that the paint wasn't shiny enough blah blah...

I think that prestige cars look better with a bit of grime on anyhows.

GF in london at minute but when she gets back will post pic of how dirty my car actually is, dont think I will get it cleaned (definately not waxed!!) until march.

[ QUOTE ]

Am I alone??

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not alone Lodders. Maybe wash the cars every few months. Just ain't got time.

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows how many cars I have had, I have never waxed one, not one car had any issues with buyers saying that the paint wasn't shiny enough blah blah...

I think that prestige cars look better with a bit of grime on anyhows.

GF in london at minute but when she gets back will post pic of how dirty my car actually is, dont think I will get it cleaned (definately not waxed!!) until march.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you married? if you're not that would explain it. if you are, then what the hell do you do to get away from the wife and kids for quiet time for a few hours?

Cos thats why I clean, like it's my religion, every saturday.

No, I'm totally the same as Lodders. I have too many other priorities in my life to spend loads of time cleaning my car. I realise this is seen as heresy by some but I doubt I will ever change. As for getting away from the wife and kids for a quiet time for a few hours, well that's what work is for, isn't it?

[ QUOTE ]

Am I alone??

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get it straight, you don't wash your car. Is that it?

There must be more to this than that, come on Lodders spill what spured this thread on because as it stands it's pointless.

Tian coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Am I alone??

[/ QUOTE ]

But you have not given a precise reason for your angst against those who take PRIDE in their car. The only one you have given is that life is too short, and that is a very weak one.

Due to better paintwork, and things like supaguard cleaning isn't as essential as before, but its still needed.

Firstly it personally annoys me, that someone spends months buying a really expensive car (usually the 2nd most expensive purchase a person buys after a house) in exactly the right spec, only to let it get covered in grime, and hiding the beauty of it.

Secondly, in the short term you cant really tell the difference between a reguarly cleaned car, and an occasionally cleaed car, but when they get to 10 years plus, it really begins to show. Its an absolute nightmare finding an older car with good paintwork. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Am I alone??

[/ QUOTE ]

But you have not given a precise reason for your angst against those who take PRIDE in their car. The only one you have given is that life is too short, and that is a very weak one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not writing a dissertation and thus I have no need to justify.

And besisdes, you have been a little presumptious in assuming that I am feeling angst towards people who clean their cars, I can only assume that as you are new hear you have no idea about me and banter I have with the 'old regulars' on here, maybe in time you will, but until then, go clean you car or something...

[ QUOTE ]

What is pointless about it......?

[/ QUOTE ]

There has to be more to it than you're letting on.

Did you see some guy cleaning his car in the dark this morning?

Did the other halfd complain that her nwe drtess is ruined because she brushed past your dirty car?

Did the guy that bought your A2 have a dig at you because the A2 was dirty?

Fishing mate, that's what I'm doing.

Tian grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Just had a nose in the cleaning forum and was left a little bemused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, there ya go. I knew something set you off. TBH I only clean when I have to in the winter. If I can see a clear spell coming up, I'll get the hose out and get the crud off. Although I'm not a Clay Bar merchant I do like a clean car.

Tian 169144-ok.gif

I can't say I've got anything against people who clean their cars. Horses for courses and it's rarely a bad thing to take pride in your affairs.

However, I have been criticised in the past for being a non-cleaner, which I don't really understand. My car, my choice.

[ QUOTE ]

Am I alone??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurrah!!!!!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

jump.gif

[quote

I am not writing a dissertation and thus I have no need to justify.

And besisdes, you have been a little presumptious in assuming that I am feeling angst towards people who clean their cars, I can only assume that as you are new hear you have no idea about me and banter I have with the 'old regulars' on here, maybe in time you will, but until then, go clean you car or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

ZZZ.gif

I like the way this topic has been moved to the Cleaning forum..... yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Personally I like a clean car, just as I like a clean house and clean clothes etc. But then I tend to make Monica from Friends look like a slob in terms of home maintenance!! ROLLEY~14.GIF each to their own though....for lots of people detailing a car is very therapeutic and brings rewards and enjoyment in the end product...for other people going to football is therapeutic....other people might prefer to grow their own veg.....we all like different things. Thankfully! 169144-ok.gif