TV for the bedroom, advice gentlepersons please?

Ari

Where would you like to eat?  

1. 1. Where would you like to eat?

• Loch Fyne- sea food
    • Chinese
    • TGI Fridays-burgers etc
    • Curry

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

I'd consider getting a new DVD player too if yours only offers scart. You can get a decent component out DVD player for around £100. Scart doesn't carry picture that well - component is much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nooo...!! FFS I can't really afford the TV! smashfreakB.gifgrin.gif

I'm sure Scart will be fine, I'll get a gold one or something just for you. grin.gif

Anyway, I really like the DVD player, it's a very neat unit, has most of the gubbins built into the sub (which hides down the side of the chest of drawers) so you only get a small little box as the unit you use. Is Panasonic also so a good make.

(The wiring's been tidied up somewhat since this was taken, and curtains replaced with blinds).

1014513-subwoofer.jpg

post-169-137914384295_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

£50 your a cheap night out.

Maybe his mate from the shop can get him better deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones in the shop were £100 more than Comet Internet price... UHOH7.GIF

They do come and install it though, although not fit wall brackets etc I guess so limited value in that.

[ QUOTE ]

Extended warranties are nothing more than insurance policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

- and it's what the companies use to up their profits on electrical goods - the margins are so tight on the products themselves that they rely upon people signing up to the warranties to claw back some of the lost profit.

currys/comet/PC world all really push you to buy every time but I'm kind of getting sick of saying

"no, I'd rather put pins in my eyes than take out your extended warranty" smashfreakB.gif

Couple of things worth mentioning.

House Of Fraser do the 26LXD60 for £649 I think it is, and they will price match anyway, but they will also do 24 months interest free and you get an extra 2 years warranty.

Also the panny uses the VESA standard for the mounting points, so a £15 mount off ebay will work no problem, or Homebase do one for £29.

[ QUOTE ]

Also the panny uses the VESA standard for the mounting points, so a £15 mount off ebay will work no problem, or Homebase do one for £29.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is well worth knowing too, thanks. 169144-ok.gif

That makes the Panasonic under £700 on the wall!! blush.gif

beerchug.gif

Right, excuse the crap photos (taken with camera phone) but that picture is 860mm x 660mm.

And that 32 inch Panny is 790 x 563mm.

And it actually looks ok! I mean, you certainly wouldn't want anytihng any bigger there, that's for sure. And if it were slightly smaller (which it is) that'd be a bonus. But it's not bad at all...

Given that Dixons price and the dimensions above, I'm swinging back toward 32 inch I must admit...

1014784-Image005%28Large%29.jpg

1014784-Image006%28Large%29.jpg

post-169-137914384305_thumb.jpg

There's a 50mm gap between the pic and the wardrobe, and remember the TV would be smaller than that pic, so I think it'd be ok.

Ooohh it's so tricky. I do take on the advice given here, obviously some people already have TV's in bedrooms so know how it looks. But it is tempting to go with the 32... crazy.gif